Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster is not a defender: discuss

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me and Jnr discussing the formation on the third substitution.

"Tau up front on his own"
"No wait, Webster has pushed forward to join him" :facepalm: :lol:

How can you not enjoy the craziness of our centre back striding through their half, getting a shot away from the edge of their box?

With 10 minutes to go.
While holding onto a slim 0-1 lead.
Having not won for 10 games.
Only won 2 games all season.

... oh I see it now!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can we close this thread now as it’s a bit embarrassing. Been a great player for us for 12 months or so now. Solid defensively and decent going forward

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we close this thread now as it’s a bit embarrassing. Been a great player for us for 12 months or so now. Solid defensively and decent going forward

It was an embarrassment the second it appeared.
As it's here it needs to stay as a warning to others!! :lol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Following on from the Solly March edition of this question, I have been moved to add my own version.
This isn't about bedwetting. I just don't see what he brings to the team.
His passing is erratic.
Frankly he is no better than Duffy bringing the ball out.
He rarely wins a decisive header from defence.
He rarely wins a directed header in attack.
His tackles are often erratic and don't cleanly win the ball.
His long balls upfield rarely hit a Brighton player.
His positioning is dreadful in defence, rarely near a dangerous attacker.
Occasional tendency to dangle a leg indecisively near the ball to deflect it to no man's land.

I concede I don't like what he brings to the team, in fact I don't know what that is. For me, he is what Stephens or Barnes were to their detractors.
The BBC ranked his performance bottom apart from the subs against Saints which is where I place him most matches.
But interested to hear what others think.

This is so worth a :bounce:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I just thought I'd :bounce: this. My view on each point is:
1 agreed, but that's because he will often play first time passes. He was better today, but has been off it for the last three or so games he played
2 that is simply a laughable comment. He carried the ball the equivalent of seven pitches against Palace, which is more than Duffy managed in four years with us. He can do it effectively too: see tonight.
3 disagree, but he's no Duffy on that front -- then again, precious few are
4 he got three goals last season, two with his head, and he certainly set up Maupay vs Sheff Utd (a). See also tonight
5 don't feel qualified to comment
6 all our defenders long balls upfield rarely hit a player because there's usually no-one up there
7 nope disagree
8 ditto

Your more positive assessment was better but it missed out some key points, eg, his pace, which enables us to defend with a higher line, to cover for Dunk's lack of pace (ditto with Duffy).

And, apologies for :vuvu:, but so is this

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think this is worse than Mr Burns Ashley Barnes thread. So off the mark it’s untrue.

Or the guy who started a thread on his way home after he had a tantrum at half time during a home game against Leicester in league one at Withdean when we were 2-0 down at half time... ended up winning 3-2 :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Following on from the Solly March edition of this question, I have been moved to add my own version.
This isn't about bedwetting. I just don't see what he brings to the team.
His passing is erratic.
Frankly he is no better than Duffy bringing the ball out.
He rarely wins a decisive header from defence.
He rarely wins a directed header in attack.
His tackles are often erratic and don't cleanly win the ball.
His long balls upfield rarely hit a Brighton player.
His positioning is dreadful in defence, rarely near a dangerous attacker.
Occasional tendency to dangle a leg indecisively near the ball to deflect it to no man's land.

I concede I don't like what he brings to the team, in fact I don't know what that is. For me, he is what Stephens or Barnes were to their detractors.
The BBC ranked his performance bottom apart from the subs against Saints which is where I place him most matches.
But interested to hear what others think.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here