Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster is not a defender: discuss

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A bit harsh as it was a great first touch by Foden which would have beaten most defenders in the league.

I just don’t think he reacted at all.

Foden’s touch was good, but he should have got closer.

Played really well other than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We haven’t got to our friend yet [emoji23].

Generally, I think we do other than your blind spot [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I enjoy the discussions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a blind spot. Think you missed what I said on the matter.
I'm staggered that anyone thinks that a penalty hit off-target is superior to, or on a par with, one hit on-target, but still waiting to be convinced otherwise*

*there is zero, ZERO chance of this happening

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't have a blind spot. Think you missed what I said on the matter.
I'm staggered that anyone thinks that a penalty hit off-target is superior to, or on a par with, one hit on-target, but still waiting to be convinced otherwise*

*there is zero, ZERO chance of this happening

Generally it isn’t and if you don’t hit the target you don’t win a prize, (so I do agree), but in that specific instance, I stand by my opinion that they were equally shocking.

If a shot has such little momentum that a goalie has time to readjust, that IMO is really poor and as bad as something off target.

There is no way of convincing me otherwise either in this instance[emoji106]

Edit.
The blind spot inference was to Trossard after you accused me of being anti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk it

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He’s improved massively. Like quite a few players. Which should be a big tick for Graham Potter.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Was a liability for much of last season, but in good form this season and starting to convince me he can perform in the PL. Goal apart (lost Foden) was good against City.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
He’s playing consistently very well now, making the right sided CB position his own.

Dare I say, justifying the £20m fee.

No longer the target for the NSC boo-boys.

You do realise he generally plays on the left side of the back 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Was a liability for much of last season, but in good form this season and starting to convince me he can perform in the PL. Goal apart (lost Foden) was good against City.

He really wasn’t a liability for much of last season at all, that’s nonsense, and he was our best player after lockdown.

He is a quality premier league centre back. The best at the club and as he keeps progressing, he’s definitely got a chance with England.

scooter1

How soon is now?
The through ball from De Bruyne and then the first 2 touches from Foden last night were top top quality. There was very little Webster could have done.
He is getting better although his awareness of attackers around him could use a little work, either when defending in the box or in possession

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
He really wasn’t a liability for much of last season at all, that’s nonsense, and he was our best player after lockdown.

He is a quality premier league centre back. The best at the club and as he keeps progressing, he’s definitely got a chance with England.

thanks for yr opinion Mrs Web

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

He was in good form against Wolves, Newport and Man City. Apart from the deflecting the ball in to goal past Sanchez against Wolves for the first goal, the ball bouncing off his chest in to goal against Newport and apparently culpable (not my words) for the goal against Citeh, he's playing well, I get that. I'm not being sarcastic, but any number of great stats don't give me comfort in these moments of misfortune. I've steered clear of this thread because I'll probably get bombed out again but, at the very least, he doesn't fill me with confidence in every defensive moment. Mistakes not so much, but not a lucky player, and they say you make your own luck. Now, where did I put my tin helmet.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He was in good form against Wolves, Newport and Man City. Apart from the deflecting the ball in to goal past Sanchez against Wolves for the first goal, the ball bouncing off his chest in to goal against Newport and apparently culpable (not my words) for the goal against Citeh, he's playing well, I get that. I'm not being sarcastic, but any number of great stats don't give me comfort in these moments of misfortune. I've steered clear of this thread because I'll probably get bombed out again but, at the very least, he doesn't fill me with confidence in every defensive moment. Mistakes not so much, but not a lucky player, and they say you make your own luck. Now, where did I put my tin helmet.

I meant Sheff Utd, not Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here