Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El-Abd - Our best defender

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone else agree than in the past few weeks Adam has been our best defender and the only part of the defence that has looked solid. No denying that he is an almighty hoofer but being played out of position, he's done a bloody good job :clap2:

Hoyte Elph/Virgs/Tunni El-Abd McNulty please Poyet:clap:

Chazza12

Cranium Of Titanium
Mar 24, 2008
I was relieved when he went off , lets hope
Jim can stay fit :)

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone else agree than in the past few weeks Adam has been our best defender and the only part of the defence that has looked solid. No denying that he is an almighty hoofer but being played out of position, he's done a bloody good job :clap2:

Hoyte Elph/Virgs/Tunni El-Abd McNulty please Poyet:clap:

Blimey are you in for a kicking on here for daring to say this:eek:

For what its worth I agree:thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Think he's been doing an admirable job at leftback considering he's a right footed centrehalf, but he's by no means been great. I didn't go to Norwich but I think Tunnicliffe has been mostly excellent these last few games.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
He has not been our weakest defender for the last half dozen games.....he's no frills but hasn't let us down.

I just hope his knockers are not so stubborn as to deny this fact.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I'm not his biggest fan but he hasn't played badly in the past few games. In fact he is the best of our defence in the last 4-5 games. Worth a start at center back infront of the others at the minute. Not good enough to play full back though when others are fit.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He's certainly come on a lot. I still quite like him in the defensive midfield role, but we have better players there at the moment. Although I'd put him there ahead of Navarro...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
agree he has been fantastic for us playing at left-back, doing well and fully committed. Jimmy Mac looks like starting soon, and I'd like to see Wright in there as well

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
. I didn't go to Norwich but I think Tunnicliffe has been mostly excellent these last few games.

I think that due to his inexperience he has been the cause of a number of goals and that he needs gently bringing on.

If McNulty is fit, on recent performances I would drop Hoyte and play Adam El Abd at right back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i have always felt that his all round ability has worked against him, being used as a utility player rather than settling into one position. people like to knock him and highlight when he's at fault when often he's covered for others. He's not a great player by any stretch, but he's not as bad as many seem to think. 150+ starts, covering promotion and Championship teams, suggest several managers have seen somthing in him.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He's our best defender at the moment no doubt about it in my mind. Fully committed, fully concentrating, does his job with no thrills, wins the ball and gets rid. When McNulty reclaims the left back role I wouldnt be at all suprised if El-Abd kept his place in the side playing right back.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I think El-Abd has been OK. The one I think is poor is Hoyte. Repeatedly out of position, offers not a lot going forward and got skinned on Saturday by BSP players so much so that he was swapped to left back.

I once earwigged a conversation in a pub between Dean Wilkins and some mates and heard him say that El-Abd was the first player he put on the team sheet because he gave 100% committment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would not say he is playing well, more that he is not making as many mistakes as he normally does. Besides, it is an easy defense to shine in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here