[Film] Actors you can't stand

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not so much that I can’t stand them, I just don’t much care for them.

Except for Will Ferrel, he makes me nauseated. With his thick, porcine skin, all-over pubic hair and stupid cross eyed schtick . And just mortally unfunny. Awful, awful, awful actor.
I genuinely dread people talking about Elf at this time of year. It’s not a good film. None of his film are good but Elf is terrible. He’s terrible. Ugh. Like the vast majority of the hugely unfunny SNL alumni, he thinks he is the last word in comedy.

Will Ferrel
Charles Dance
Michael Caine
Clive Owen
Tilda ****ing Swinton
Eric Stoltz
Stephen Graham
Bill Murray

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not so much that I can’t stand them, I just don’t much care for them.

Except for Will Ferrel, he makes me nauseated. With his thick, porcine skin, all-over pubic hair and stupid cross eyed schtick . And just mortally unfunny. Awful, awful, awful actor.
I genuinely dread people talking about Elf at this time of year. It’s not a good film. None of his film are good but Elf is terrible. He’s terrible. Ugh. Like the vast majority of the hugely unfunny SNL alumni, he thinks he is the last word in comedy.

I don't like Will Ferrell or Ben Stiller in comedy roles* but when they play a more serious role I have really enjoyed their work.

Everything Must Go (Ferrell) and
Greenberg (Stiller)

are excellent films imo

* and i do like Elf, IF I am in the right mood for it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't like Will Ferrell or Ben Stiller in comedy roles* but when they play a more serious role I have really enjoyed their work.

Everything Must Go (Ferrell) and
Greenberg (Stiller)

are excellent films imo

* and i do like Elf, IF I am in the right mood for it.

Out of curiosity I watched a bit of Ben Stiller’s old sketch show. The thing that got him off the ground. Embarrassingly unfunny. I can see why the yanks loved it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I had a lifelong hatred for Vin Diesel before realising I had never seen any of his movies. A friend dragged me to "Fast & Furious 9" this summer and though the movie was shit, Vin Diesel looked a fair bit like Telly Savalas when filmed from some angles, so my respect for him increased.

Some of those mentioned on this thread today are good calls.

I'd add Matt Damon as well. He is in some pretty decent movies and I think he is a decent actor but I cant stand him anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I had a lifelong hatred for Vin Diesel before realising I had never seen any of his movies. A friend dragged me to "Fast & Furious 9" this summer and though the movie was shit, Vin Diesel looked a fair bit like Telly Savalas when filmed from some angles, so my respect for him increased.

Some of those mentioned on this thread today are good calls.

I'd add Matt Damon as well. He is in some pretty decent movies and I think he is a decent actor but I cant stand him anyway.

Not Stellan Skarsgard then?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Like the vast majority of the hugely unfunny SNL alumni, he thinks he is the last word in comedy.

When I first got to the States people kept banging on about how great SNL was. Watched it once and it really was shite. I know back in its heyday it produced people like Dan Aykroyd, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy and John Belushi but those days are well past

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can't stand is probably too strong, just actors who are very overrated IMO

Olivia Colman
Maggie Smith
Christian Bale
Tom Hanks

I remember Bales outburst at someone on set when they walked across him or made some sort of noise.

Very precious he seamed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports