Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Academy Awarded Category One Status (merged)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very big deal for the long term. Outstanding work by all concerned. Will happily put up with a couple of seasons of mid-tableness anticipating what this might mean longer term.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think these are the category 1 academies ....Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Reading, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Derby and BRIGHTON.

:)

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I think these are the category 1 academies ....Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Reading, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Derby and BRIGHT

:)

I think It stinks.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
What, the ability to wonder into another clubs academy and say I'll have that one, that one and that one?

No! As a lover of football. Wondering how the unfortunate clubs who can't provide the Cat A facilities will survive - if they are not able to produce their own talent to sell on to survive.

It stinks.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No! As a lover of football. Wondering how the unfortunate clubs who can't provide the Cat A facilities will survive - if they are not able to produce their own talent to sell on to survive.

It stinks.
Yeah its a pretty unfair system, we've been very fortunate to get the top rating.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:lolol: if you do fast track them to your first team soggy .

Your academy starlets will love moving to the Albion and training at Lancing , there is proper hotel standard accommodation instead of a 8 berth caravan.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yeah its a pretty unfair system, we've been very fortunate to get the top rating.

Fortunate suggests it was a random occurrence; I'm sure there has been a great amount of hard work, by a large number of people, to achieve the rating.

Of course, what IS fortunate is that we have a very rich chairman who is a genuine fan of the club and who has a long-term vision of owning a financially self-sustaining club.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Your academy starlets will love moving to the Albion and training at Lancing , there is proper hotel standard accommodation instead of a 8 berth caravan.

So why did those brother's from Hove Rivervale choose Charlton over Brighton? I'm telling you now, It's a ****ing disgrace the younger one Is at Charlton. Not seen a kid better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here