Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Absolutely fuming

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How the **** is this offside?

View attachment 147238

I've just watched it on MOTD - I needn't have, it's (obviously I guess) exactly as the image you've posted. Gross in nowhere near the forward line.

Can you imagine if that happened to Liverpool - Klopp would be going mental, and he'd ensure officials were scared to get something like that wrong against Liverpool in the future. Us? We haven't even mentioned it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It took a very long time to decide too - at first, did the computer decide it was onside, so they moved the line and re-did it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not, is it? They make it up as they go along. But oh well. Didn't deserve anything more.
We did deserve more - we scored more goals than them (counting the own goal as ours)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Offside is offside.

Also, that WP free kick was taken centrally where the incident occurred.

I am sad to report that there is no conspiracy against The Albion. Except in (some of) our minds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But VAR is not killing football.

It doesn't spoil the spontaneity and is more consistent than before

- what a joke!
I'm sure VAR has got this wrong - but if we didn't have VAR, it still wasn't being given.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I thought from the incident and replays that it was just offside, but it was very, very close. Shame, as he stuck it really sweetly, but there we are. No point going on about it.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
think that was one of those where if the linesman keeps his flag down we probably get the decision. there can be no tolerance gap when the decision on the field is offside, otherwise you'd end up giving goals that were offside but weren't 'offside enough', therefore overturning a correct on field call, as opposed to var giving the benefit of the doubt when the on field call is onside

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With Var still only three home wins, without var Leicester win or draw which would be just two home wins to date, relegation fodder.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Felt like a right idiot after the goal was chalked off - celebrated wildly, concentrating the whole time on Gross running to the corner flag, not realising that alot of the the players were standing around waiting for a VAR decision.

Sweet strike mind

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I have to confess I immediately thought it was offside from my seat in West Upper ... so I stayed sat in my seat while others around me were going crazy!

As HWT said, there's no conspiracy against us. VAR doesn't look to support the on-field decision when it comes to offside ... it's not about there being a clear and obvious error.

It was very marginal ... but it was offside.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I've just watched it on MOTD - I needn't have, it's (obviously I guess) exactly as the image you've posted. Gross in nowhere near the forward line.

Can you imagine if that happened to Liverpool - Klopp would be going mental, and he'd ensure officials were scared to get something like that wrong against Liverpool in the future. Us? We haven't even mentioned it.

I think you'll find that Liverpool - and other BIG clubs - have had goals chalked off when the lines seem to be touching.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have to confess I immediately thought it was offside from my seat in West Upper ... so I stayed sat in my seat while others around me were going crazy!

As HWT said, there's no conspiracy against us. VAR doesn't look to support the on-field decision when it comes to offside ... it's not about there being a clear and obvious error.

Nah!!!

I sense Putin’s interference in this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Sat near to the lino I thought he gave Groß the internationally recognised sign for 'coming back from an offside position'.
Suggesting he was never fully onside.

I've not watched it back so happy to be very wrong.
But if that were to be the case, it would explain why he wasn't given any benefit of doubt.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

We had little faith in that lino, who often looked to the ref to make a decision on whose throw it should be then put his flag up He was also slow to follow play at times, but in all fairness we were exactly in line and our player was offside, albeit marginally.The picture shows the 2 players to be roughly in the same position but of course does not tell us when the ball was played. Great shame as it was a superb strike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here