Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aberdeen Friendly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was a testimonial you generally let the home team win.
Then we need a f**k load of testimonials next season, to stave off relegation by Christmas.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We just need to hope that Hughton and the recruitment team are working on this and are not patting themselves on their collective backs with the recent u21 signings.

I think you are right and this is the worry. There is no doubt that the two most recent signings have stacks of promise, but it is very much that, whilst Jack Harper might be closer to the first team when fit. We need more first team ready type signings.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Still bossed the game for 75 minutes by the sound of it. Just couldn't score (Poyet second season, anyone?)

It feels like some people have forgotten that it was like that under Hyypia, too. People like to completely write off him, his team selection and tactics, and ignore that we dominated plenty of games, only to fail to convert that dominance into goals (despite more shots per game than under Garcia and Poyet), then conceded soft goals thanks to individual errors. Especially early last season where the first few home games had us concede the only shot on target we faced in the first two, and both shots in the third home game, while failing to convert the shots we had.

I rarely put much stock in friendlies. I always seem to remember seasons where we struggle in pre-season leading to us succeeding in the league, and vice versa, as well as those where our season form matches pre-season. If we're still struggling to score, while letting in soft goals when the season starts, then I'll worry.

Stumpy Tim

The last quarter of these friendlies can largely be discounted given the changes both managers make. I read somewhere Aberdeen made seven by the hour, and we made a similar amount. That makes a disjointed game & anything can happen.

Sounds like we bossed the game otherwise & their keeper had a stormer. Having said that, starting with Rosenior down the right is depressing given we've got players like Ward, Tilley & Monakana all performing well for the U21's. I guess Hughton wanted to give both Rosenior and Bruno some match-time. If he plays Rosenior at right-midfield against Forest he deserves all the stick he'll inevitably get

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I rarely put much stock in friendlies. I always seem to remember seasons where we struggle in pre-season leading to us succeeding in the league, and vice versa, as well as those where our season form matches pre-season. If we're still struggling to score, while letting in soft goals when the season starts, then I'll worry.

Completely this. I never take much notice of pre-season games as they are rarely act as much of a barometer of what's to come in the season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Wow. Just wow. It's pre season. Talk about wetting your pants mate.

Don't you know that pre season results really matter as they now count towards the normal season final points total and therefore your finishing position. Long gone are the days of pre season being about getting your fitness levels up and seeing as the manager hasn't spotted the change in rules, it's a scandal that we haven't played our strongest XI in any of the games so far - just think of how many points we've dropped already :facepalm::jester:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
we desperately need 2 quality wingers centre half creative midfielder and another forward all in before the forest game

I agree with you Mark, at least one winger, creative midfielder, centre half and centre forward needed, our front line is so light weight and without some decent signings pronto we are going to be seeing Brighton nil a lot.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No surprise when we've added virtually no goals to the team other than hemed who may or may not be ok.

Weeks just past with nothing . It's getting critical now .

We have 1 fit winger so disappointing to see rb as rm today but no surprise .

Worrying . Need good news asap otherwise long slog ahead again

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As the Aberdeen commentators said: Unsurprisingly Brighton are not yet at the same stage of fitness as the Dons who have had a number of competitive Europa Cup games already. However, they caused us lots of problems in the first 3/4 of the match and our goalie was MoM. (I paraphrase).

But, why let evidence get in the way of a knee-jerk response.

PG

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We were WARNED about Hughton, he should have been SACKED at the end of last season. He is no IMPROVEMENT on SEMMI and the STATS never LIE.

Please, just please, shut the fxxk up for a while will you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here