Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The fact that he has contacts that he wants to maintain means he is unable to break new transfer news until the club says so, which is inevitably after it is public. His job/livelihood depends on him having some kind of dialog with the club. It's a catch 22 for him. That said, it's highly unlikely his contacts would tell him of transfer news until it is public anyway, because their jobs/livelihood depend on them keeping negotiations private. Almost all genuine transfer rumours regarding Brighton are broken at the other end, by the other club involved, or an agent, or someone who knows them. The only exceptions tend to be out of the blue announcements.

I don’t get the Naylor hate, but let’s be honest his job does basically boil down to ringing someone at the club and then tweeting what they told him. Anybody else could do his job if they were in the same situation as him. Still it’s a step-up from when he got his stories from here.

Why does he allegedly keep calling the club to allegedly get information he cant report before everyone else does? What is the purpose? I'd block his phone number.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
In the loop...

So according to people who say that he "clearly" has a source inside the club but can "never" say anything about what happens before everyone else has said it... whats the ****ing point of following or listening to this guy?

If he has "hourly" contact with the club as someone said... whats the point? Is this what he does every hour:

"Hi its Andy plz give me inside information for no good reason."

"Hi Andy. Here's ALL the transfer information Andy but you cant say a word about anything until some Czech Republic newspaper or bloke on Austrian forum or some other media outlet tells about it."

"Ok nice I'll call you in an hour again."

Whats the point? 100 sources say Mwepu is going to join Brighton, Brighton fans are holding their breath because they are waiting for this Naylor guy to parrott what 100 other sources say, and THEN when he says "maybe" people think "Naylor said maybe! Naylor said maybe! Stop the press! Naylor said maybe!"... as if there is anything at all that points to him doing **** all but looking at those 100 sources and thinking, "maybe". Then a 100 sources say he is negotiating with the club, and Naylor comes along saying "probably negotiating with the club".

I just cant believe how a man who has - at least since I came around here more than two years ago - has revealed NOTHING before either foreign or domestic media did. There is zero evidence of him being in the loop, in the know or in anyones phonebook.

What gives Naylor a level of authority on Brighton is the fact he will very happily say there is absolutely nothing in a rumour and I can’t remember the last time he was wrong with that (Zamora, maybe?). Naylor says No is enough for me to give up on a rumour, no matter how many other sources insist it’s happening -

You’re right to say he never breaks any news, but he very clearly has links at the club who will give him information but also keep him on a very tight leash.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
What gives Naylor a level of authority on Brighton is the fact he will very happily say there is absolutely nothing in a rumour and I can’t remember the last time he was wrong with that (Zamora, maybe?). Naylor says No is enough for me to give up on a rumour, no matter how many other sources insist it’s happening -

You’re right to say he never breaks any news, but he very clearly has links at the club who will give him information but also keep him on a very tight leash.

Remember him no-ing Maupay at one point, I think. And Schelotto. But yes, generally if he says no it turns out to be not true

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
Why does he allegedly keep calling the club to allegedly get information he cant report before everyone else does? What is the purpose? I'd block his phone number.

I'd be surprised he even bothers asking the club for new transfer rumours, precisely for that reason. As others have said, all he can do is confirm/deny transfer rumours that are already public. His main line of work is in writing articles about the club, which people pay to read. Breaking transfer news doesn't really figure in his work/business model. Having close contacts with the club does.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Well, he hasn't said no to Nuñez so far, i think we have all accepted that's probably not happening but....
Come to think of it, nobody at the Benfica end has either.... It's the hope that kills you or is it Naylor says no? :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Much like Brian Owen. Being a long standing friend of Brian since being in the same tutor group at Forest Boys in Horsham (best town in Sussex) I understand the often difficult time they have. Naylor's job and Brian's rely totally on having contacts in the club. Brighton being a club that deals with anyone giving out itk information without permission they both will only get what is wanted by the club.

The local hacks down the years have gone against the club with the likes of Vinnicombe being banned on a number of occasions. During Uncle Dicks tenure everyone knew everything well before the player in question even knew.

There has to be a balancing act but being able to get close to people within the club to be able to fill pages each day is not easy.

Also being a friend of Spencer Vignes (also from school, he was a year below me in the same house) and Tim Humphries I have at times got a little itk stuff but would never impart it here as I wouldn't want the flack.

Anyway for the latest news, every day, 24 hours a day there's always the Seagull Line on 8049

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Czech newspaper (Blesk) reported left out of team in last match as deal close to completion with Brighton..although I can't find it now..just speculation about 'has he played last match for Slavia'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyway for the latest news, every day, 24 hours a day there's always the Seagull Line on 8049

My outstanding memory of that was a load of waffle on a premium rate line. The match day news, when it eventually came nearly always began with “Bad news for Albion fans….” :lolol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I know a highlight reel can make some one look really good, but this blokes a unit. Not overly quick but not slow either, looks very suited to the English game

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If he’s seen as not first team ready and Zeqiri out on loan for the season another first team forward must be close

Edit: And by forward I don’t specifically mean a striker. I can see us continuing with one striker.

My hunch is Nunez won’t happen and this additional forward with be Daniel James

Keep the faith

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he’s seen as not first team ready and Zeqiri out on loan for the season another first team forward must be close

Edit: And by forward I don’t specifically mean a striker. I can see us continuing with one striker.

Keep the faith

Things are moving very fast today. The headless cheetah is off to Leeds.

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1432317299332161543?s=21

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Likely back up for what we already have. A decent acquisition if it happens.

I fear that those who think we're gonna spunk £30m on a striker are going to be disappointed.

I'm almost certain that aint happening.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
'Naylor says No' is a meme for a reason.

naylor-says-no.png

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
In the loop...

So according to people who say that he "clearly" has a source inside the club but can "never" say anything about what happens before everyone else has said it... whats the ****ing point of following or listening to this guy?

If he has "hourly" contact with the club as someone said... whats the point? Is this what he does every hour:

"Hi its Andy plz give me inside information for no good reason."

"Hi Andy. Here's ALL the transfer information Andy but you cant say a word about anything until some Czech Republic newspaper or bloke on Austrian forum or some other media outlet tells about it."

"Ok nice I'll call you in an hour again."

Whats the point? 100 sources say Mwepu is going to join Brighton, Brighton fans are holding their breath because they are waiting for this Naylor guy to parrott what 100 other sources say, and THEN when he says "maybe" people think "Naylor said maybe! Naylor said maybe! Stop the press! Naylor said maybe!"... as if there is anything at all that points to him doing **** all but looking at those 100 sources and thinking, "maybe". Then a 100 sources say he is negotiating with the club, and Naylor comes along saying "probably negotiating with the club".

I just cant believe how a man who has - at least since I came around here more than two years ago - has revealed NOTHING before either foreign or domestic media did. There is zero evidence of him being in the loop, in the know or in anyones phonebook.

Naylor prides himself on being a reliable source. Wrongly or rightly, he isn't interested in being the first to break a story.

So what's the point of listening to him/following him? Well, as others have said, almost all of the time if Naylor confirms a story, you know that it's true, rather than having to trust other media sources who aren't reliable or are desperate for clicks.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Czech news 'He had Abdallah Sim in the lineup. In the end, he could not deploy it because it is a step away from moving to Brighton, England.'

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I see nothing that indicates that he "clearly" has a club source. People want him to have it, and thats it.

I could do his job. Read de facto ITK journalists tweets and articles and then say on Twitter "its maybe going to happen". Anyone could do it.

You're insightful, but there's certain things you've got badly wrong. The paleo sh!t is one of them. Having a go at Stat another. Your assessment of Naylor still another.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

Keep the faith

Yes I hope so. Cause if we don't then we've spent a second successive summer chasing a player who never really wanted to come here and we've now ended up with nobody (or another welbeck-esque panic deal) which would be an absolute farce. But as you say, keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here