[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well i'm not talking to people who run football clubs on a daily/hourly basis - are you ?

In fairness I am struggling to remember the last Andy Naylor Brighton “scoop”, that wasn’t on here first. Care to remind me?

Bozza seems to have more inside info, although even his little vague hints have tailed off :smile:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In fairness I am struggling to remember the last Andy Naylor Brighton “scoop”, that wasn’t on here first. Care to remind me?

Well ten minutes ago he was the first person to report that Sima a) is of interest but hasn't happened yet b) was likely to go out on loan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well ten minutes ago he was the first person to report that Sima a) is of interest but hasn't happened yet b) was likely to go out on loan.

a) no. As you can see from this thread, the interest was obviously being reported elsewhere first, so how is it his scoop?
b) Like with Zeqiri and Caicedo then. Guesswork.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There's a difference between reporting and speculating Icy.

There is also a difference between actually being a reporter and an in the know speculator :smile:

Naylor only got out of the blocks when the race was almost run :lolol:

I do realise that he has to toe the club line, which speculators don’t though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nothing indicates he got any insider information.

Naylor ‘confirms’ things after others have done the heavy lifting of uncovering a story. He quite CLEARLY has a club source (probably the same guy as Owen) who will confirm or deny certain rumours in the interests of the club’s various transfer strategies. Himself and Owen are almost as reliable as the actual club.

This is a very useful service for Albion fans.

It is very very rare he releases any meaningful info from any source other than the club but that’s not really his role in all this.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Naylor ‘confirms’ things after others have done the heavy lifting of uncovering a story. He quite CLEARLY has a club source (probably the same guy as Owen) who will confirm or deny certain rumours in the interests of the club’s various transfer strategies. Himself and Owen are almost as reliable as the actual club.

This is a very useful service for Albion fans.

It is very very rare he releases any meaningful info from any source other than the club but that’s not really his role in all this.

I see nothing that indicates that he "clearly" has a club source. People want him to have it, and thats it.

I could do his job. Read de facto ITK journalists tweets and articles and then say on Twitter "its maybe going to happen". Anyone could do it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
a) no. As you can see from this thread, the interest was obviously being reported elsewhere first, so how is it his scoop?
b) Like with Zeqiri and Caicedo then. Guesswork.

Fair enough. You think he "knows nothing", he "guesses" , you could "do his job" , in fact "anyone" could do his job and is "like anyone (else)" in their knowledge on Albion. A tad unfair if you ask me and perhaps a bit OTT but ok if you say so.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I see nothing that indicates that he "clearly" has a club source. People want him to have it, and thats it.

I could do his job. Read de facto ITK journalists tweets and articles and then say on Twitter "its maybe going to happen". Anyone could do it.

The guy has been reporting on Albion for many, many years. It's dumb to think that he doesn't have some kind of source.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The guy has been reporting on Albion for many, many years. It's dumb to think that he doesn't have some kind of source.

If he ever reports some transfer that hasnt been talked about before, I might reconsider. As it stands, nothing indicates he has any inside information.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If he ever reports some transfer that hasnt been talked about before, I might reconsider. As it stands, nothing indicates he has any inside information.

Never going to happen, all in the loop reporters on the Albion cannot afford to join in speculation on anything they may know is in the offing. Sad but true, speculation will always get in their first.

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021

The fact that he has contacts that he wants to maintain means he is unable to break new transfer news until the club says so, which is inevitably after it is public. His job/livelihood depends on him having some kind of dialog with the club. It's a catch 22 for him. That said, it's highly unlikely his contacts would tell him of transfer news until it is public anyway, because their jobs/livelihood depend on them keeping negotiations private. Almost all genuine transfer rumours regarding Brighton are broken at the other end, by the other club involved, or an agent, or someone who knows them. The only exceptions tend to be out of the blue announcements.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Fair enough. You think he "knows nothing", he "guesses" , you could "do his job" , in fact "anyone" could do his job and is "like anyone (else)" in their knowledge on Albion. A tad unfair if you ask me and perhaps a bit OTT but ok if you say so.

I don’t get the Naylor hate, but let’s be honest his job does basically boil down to ringing someone at the club and then tweeting what they told him. Anybody else could do his job if they were in the same situation as him. Still it’s a step-up from when he got his stories from here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably a case of if X comes in as well Y goes out on loan.

As X never comes in Y never goes out on an ideal loan.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Never going to happen, all in the loop reporters on the Albion cannot afford to join in speculation on anything they may know is in the offing. Sad but true, speculation will always get in their first.

In the loop...

So according to people who say that he "clearly" has a source inside the club but can "never" say anything about what happens before everyone else has said it... whats the ****ing point of following or listening to this guy?

If he has "hourly" contact with the club as someone said... whats the point? Is this what he does every hour:

"Hi its Andy plz give me inside information for no good reason."

"Hi Andy. Here's ALL the transfer information Andy but you cant say a word about anything until some Czech Republic newspaper or bloke on Austrian forum or some other media outlet tells about it."

"Ok nice I'll call you in an hour again."

Whats the point? 100 sources say Mwepu is going to join Brighton, Brighton fans are holding their breath because they are waiting for this Naylor guy to parrott what 100 other sources say, and THEN when he says "maybe" people think "Naylor said maybe! Naylor said maybe! Stop the press! Naylor said maybe!"... as if there is anything at all that points to him doing **** all but looking at those 100 sources and thinking, "maybe". Then a 100 sources say he is negotiating with the club, and Naylor comes along saying "probably negotiating with the club".

I just cant believe how a man who has - at least since I came around here more than two years ago - has revealed NOTHING before either foreign or domestic media did. There is zero evidence of him being in the loop, in the know or in anyones phonebook.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports