Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abandoning a BEAMBACK?? – Your excuses please!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't like people leaving matches early based on detrimental effect it may have on the players, and it shows us up. There are of course legitimate reasons but it seems everyone has all too many of them, ready to rebuke anyone who should dare mention it.

However, why the **** should it matter if you leave a beamback early? After Stockdale's keepy-uppys I was devastated as I knew that was it, but I stayed because I didn't travel all that way not to acknowledge the player's efforts, if only for the season thus far. I would have no problem leaving a broadcasted match after that shit and wouldn't blame others for doing so.

What are you going to do, clap a screen?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Isn't it like going to make a cup of tea when Robbie Williams starts singing on The Brits? Be honest, we've all done it.

No regrets.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I've been banned from watching the Albion in my front room due to persistent standing up and swearing.

Not sure what the etiquette is at a beamback.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've been banned from watching the Albion in my front room due to persistent standing up and swearing.

Not sure what the etiquette is at a beamback.
I'd stay at home if I were you, you're only allowed to do 50% of your usall at a beamback and it's not the fun 50%

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Was it me or was the camera ALWAYS zoomed in too much throughout the whole game?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was it me or was the camera ALWAYS zoomed in too much throughout the whole game?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nope, I thought exactly the same, right from kickoff. I was waiting for it to pan back a bit, but it never did. It was zoomed in RIDICULOUSLY closely, it was very difficult to see what the hell was going on. That might well be why we were so poor.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The whinging about people complaining about fans leaving early is tiresome.

Fans can do what they like of course. No one has to answer to anyone else.

What they can't do, in my book, is only support the team when things are going swimmingly, and then share fully in the #Together ecstasy when we are promoted. That would be hypocrisy.

So you're either in this lock stock and barrel or you're not.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The trouble is they aren't there for the bad times, they're rats. That and they'll get a cup final ticket at our expense because they can pay more is why it's hard to stomach for many true Albion fans.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh for goodness sake, if folk want to leave early so what? Sunderland supporters were leaving at 59 minutes today.

MOTD showed most of Vicarage Road empty (it had been a sell out) in the middle of the second half, with Southampton winning.

When the game is metaphorically up, many people want to call it quits to the misery, and get on with the rest of their lives.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The trouble is they aren't there for the bad times, they're rats. That and they'll get a cup final ticket at our expense because they can pay more is why it's hard to stomach for many true Albion fans.

You haven't got a clue, whether they are the same fans or not. Btw, we didn't sell every ticket at the Millenium. We were allocated 30K and sold 28K.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You haven't got a clue, whether they are the same fans or not. Btw, we didn't sell every ticket at the Millenium. We were allocated 30K and sold 28K.
Can you troll someone else this week. And btw, we can't all have been in that record lowest crowd at Prestfield. The answer to where were you when we were shite is sat at home for the vast majority. Excluding everyone on here obviously. Only uber fans exist on NSC

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can you troll someone else this week. And btw, we can't all have been in that record lowest crowd at Prestfield. The answer to where were you when we were shite is sat at home for the vast majority. Excluding everyone on here obviously. Only uber fans exist on NSC

What a strange reply. Trolling? I'm so sorry if I upset your very sensitive nature. :lol:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Nope, I thought exactly the same, right from kickoff. I was waiting for it to pan back a bit, but it never did. It was zoomed in RIDICULOUSLY closely, it was very difficult to see what the hell was going on. That might well be why we were so poor.

Don't know why, but that made me laugh

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What a strange reply. Trolling? I'm so sorry if I upset your very sensitive nature. [emoji38]
Yeahh and whilst you're at it can you stop trolling me too![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

I can promise you I was at that Gillingham nearly every "home" game, yet I left early on Saturday. I had reason for this, not that I'm going to share with others, but being called a rat is a bit harsh.

Am I a bad fan? I need to know and have some redemption from you, else I won't sleep tonight.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I can promise you I was at that Gillingham nearly every "home" game, yet I left early on Saturday. I had reason for this, not that I'm going to share with others, but being called a rat is a bit harsh.

Am I a bad fan? I need to know and have some redemption from you, else I won't sleep tonight.

Depends, did you leave the city ground early or the beamback early???

Wow, bloody people doing what they want rather than what others want.

I didn't have a pie, and I'd paid for it .... unbelieveable, isn't it?

My Wife sat and read her book all through the match, as that was her choice as she wanted to be "with" the boys and I.

If anyone chooses to leave early, arrive late or ddress as a chicken it's up to them (although not sure about the chicken as it may restrict others view)

What is a good fan? Someone that spent a lot of money commercially during the Withdean years or someone that stays for 90+ minutes?

I believe you have to stay right to the bitter end then clap the "Lads" off.

Extra uber fan points are awarded by starting threads on here expressing disgust to anyone not as uber as you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here