Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abandoning a BEAMBACK?? – Your excuses please!!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
This constant complaining about other people leaving early is becoming really tiresome.
The whinging about people complaining about fans leaving early is tiresome.

Fans can do what they like of course. No one has to answer to anyone else.

What they can't do, in my book, is only support the team when things are going swimmingly, and then share fully in the #Together ecstasy when we are promoted. That would be hypocrisy.

So you're either in this lock stock and barrel or you're not.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I switched the radio over to GOLD on DAB on Saturday just before the second goal went in as I was getting a sinking feeling listening the the commentary. Doesn't that also count?

Bad fan!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Why are you worried about what others think of us as fans?
Doesn't matter what others think about us as fans. But it does matter what we think about ourselves as fans.

In recent times there has arisen a smug conceit, a self delusion that Albion fans are somehow special, different from all those other, more ordinary clubs. Bonded unbreakably by a carefully nurtured and now branded and marketed #together-ness.

But in reality, all that is pretty fragile . The rapidly emptying stands - or TV concourses - following every setback simply confirm that our lot aren't really all that different from all those others around the country. A very decently-sized core of diehards, for sure - far outnumbered by many thousands of take-it-or-leave-it (literally) spectators. Saturday merely reinforced that disappointing reality.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Doesn't matter what others think about us as fans. But it does matter what we think about ourselves as fans.

In recent times there has arisen a smug conceit, a self delusion that Albion fans are somehow special, different from all those other, more ordinary clubs. Bonded unbreakably by a carefully nurtured and now branded and marketed #together-ness.

But in reality, all that is pretty fragile . The rapidly emptying stands - or TV concourses - following every setback simply confirm that our lot aren't really all that different from all those others around the country. A very decently-sized core of diehards, for sure - far outnumbered by many thousands of take-it-or-leave-it (literally) spectators. Saturday merely reinforced that disappointing reality.

No, it doesn't. You couldn't give a tinkers cuss, what I do, and I couldn't do the same about your actions. I support the team in my way and you support them in yours, without tutting about others.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
One thing I will say is don't bother going to away games at this crucial point in the season if you're not going to make a peep!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
No, it doesn't. You couldn't give a tinkers cuss, what I do, and I couldn't do the same about your actions. I support the team in my way and you support them in yours, without tutting about others.

The time police really do have an axe to grind on here, I never realised what a terrible fan I was / am, Season ticket holder at Priestfield, Withdean & Amex count for nothing if you leave on 88 / 89 minutes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One thing I will say is don't bother going to away games at this crucial point in the season if you're not going to make a peep!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Aren't you getting enough attention on your own thread?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Give it a rest. Leaving a live game early is one thing in which the players feel the impact. A beam back game - who gives a shit!?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Stayed. Yes, could have done with sound. Not commentary but may be turn the volume up so we could hear something. When we did hear the Albion away fans singing there was a little sing-a-long with them. Just seemed to lack any atmosphere, and I do love a party with a little atmosphere.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Amazing scenes in West Lower yesterday, where the tragi-comedy of Stockdale’s keepy-uppy cock-up was matched only by the wholly unexpected stampede from the concourse of several hundred of Albion’s finest the moment tap-in was gratefully completed.

Granted, a customer investment totalling two whole quid is unlikely to guarantee fanatical support and undying commitment to the cause. But one might have hoped for visible presence of a little more of that legendary Brighton Backbone.

Of course, there’s always the possibility of entirely plausible excuses for vacating the virtual skirmish so early. These might well include: –

1 It’s a great way of avoiding those horrendous queues for the trains, or park-and-rides.

2 Leaving early gives me 10 more precious minutes for walking the dog / clearing the shed / rogering the wife / rogering someone else’s wife.

3 Can’t beat the chance of a welcome stroll in Falmer village. Especially in torrential rain.

4 Any others? Your suggestions please…
Perhaps they were pissed off at losing and had had enough?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a bit different if the team aren't playing in front of you and won't notice... Not a problem for me. The early leavers v Newcastle on the other hand...

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Amazing scenes in West Lower yesterday, where the tragi-comedy of Stockdale’s keepy-uppy cock-up was matched only by the wholly unexpected stampede from the concourse of several hundred of Albion’s finest the moment tap-in was gratefully completed.

Granted, a customer investment totalling two whole quid is unlikely to guarantee fanatical support and undying commitment to the cause. But one might have hoped for visible presence of a little more of that legendary Brighton Backbone.

Of course, there’s always the possibility of entirely plausible excuses for vacating the virtual skirmish so early. These might well include: –

1 It’s a great way of avoiding those horrendous queues for the trains, or park-and-rides.

2 Leaving early gives me 10 more precious minutes for walking the dog / clearing the shed / rogering the wife / rogering someone else’s wife.

3 Can’t beat the chance of a welcome stroll in Falmer village. Especially in torrential rain.

4 Any others? Your suggestions please…

This prick wants fans to clap a mute tv :) what a tool !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wow, bloody people doing what they want rather than what others want.

I didn't have a pie, and I'd paid for it .... unbelieveable, isn't it?

My Wife sat and read her book all through the match, as that was her choice as she wanted to be "with" the boys and I.

If anyone chooses to leave early, arrive late or ddress as a chicken it's up to them (although not sure about the chicken as it may restrict others view)

What is a good fan? Someone that spent a lot of money commercially during the Withdean years or someone that stays for 90+ minutes?

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
The whinging about people complaining about fans leaving early is tiresome.

Fans can do what they like of course. No one has to answer to anyone else.

What they can't do, in my book, is only support the team when things are going swimmingly, and then share fully in the #Together ecstasy when we are promoted. That would be hypocrisy.

So you're either in this lock stock and barrel or you're not.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lol you might not like it but 'yes they can'.

I am in 'this lock, stock and barrel' and have been for over 30 years, rain or shine, win lose or draw and although I don't leave early very often, if I need to then I will. Why should what I do bother other people?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Wow, bloody people doing what they want rather than what others want.

I didn't have a pie, and I'd paid for it .... unbelieveable, isn't it?

My Wife sat and read her book all through the match, as that was her choice as she wanted to be "with" the boys and I.

If anyone chooses to leave early, arrive late or ddress as a chicken it's up to them (although not sure about the chicken as it may restrict others view)

What is a good fan? Someone that spent a lot of money commercially during the Withdean years or someone that stays for 90+ minutes?

By the sounds of it, it's someone who doesn't attend a match and then accuses others of being bad fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here