Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A27 closure 19th "abnormal load"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Was still trying to turn left onto the seafront road at The Lagoon an hour ago as I sauntered to Fish to get some squeaky fresh scallops for lunch. Hopefully it's moved on a bit now, Can't have the Slarde getting gridlocked causing a tailback of scooters, builders' vans and cars with Staffies in the back :nono:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was still trying to turn left onto the seafront road at The Lagoon an hour ago as I sauntered to Fish to get some squeaky fresh scallops for lunch. Hopefully it's moved on a bit now, Can't have the Slarde getting gridlocked causing a tailback of scooters, builders' vans and cars with Staffies in the back :nono:

Drove by the lagoon this morning assuming it would have passed by but as it was late I just managed to get through before it came out of Shoreham harbour. Was surprised so many people were down there to watch it, get photos etc.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I live on Polegate high street, can’t wait to see it try and turn left at the mini roundabout at the top !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Absolutely farcical a textbook will be written on how not to move abnormal loads.

Supposed to have left mid morning, but oil leak and then got stuck in gates trying to get out of Shoreham Port. Then when using the link road from The Old Shoreham Road to the A27, the A27 wasn't closed, and both slip roads to come off the A27 for Portslade were left open. This has now resulted in cars stuck going nowhere, while both vehicles inch their way onto the A27 at a speed which would see a snail overtaking them. Police present but just commenting that aren't enough people to effectively deal with closing roads to cause the least amount of delays and frustration.

The only positive is that this farce wasn't on a matchday.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hope you're still awake at 2am to see this

Screenshot_20220319-152732_Maps.jpg

https://www.eastsussexhighways.com/...utm_term=366d6882-1104-446f-8c67-076edf8114b3

Going up Potman's Lane, will be a laugh, I used to cycle up that road, when playing for Ninfield as a yoof.
About as much room as 2 fat people chasing a runaway pie down the road :D

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I wonder if this firm will show a video on tv of today's journey like they do for their train removals ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Did Chris Grayling take a job with these guys or something? At least the Chuckle Brothers could get it to me (to you).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here