Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A27 closure 19th "abnormal load"

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Apparently it's so heavy that it'll need its own temporary bridge to get it across the Ouse. Presumably this is also why it's got to come off the A27 to cross the A23. Sounds like fun - I think I might pop down and have a watch.

I’m still trying to work out where exactly it’s going when it comes off the A27 to cross the A23 at Patcham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Over 300 tons and 70 meters in length. No wonder it'll take 10 hours to get there.

Jul 7, 2003
I’m still trying to work out where exactly it’s going when it comes off the A27 to cross the A23 at Patcham.

Me too - it definitely won't get down Mill Road

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun

It looks like it goes down the slip onto the A23 and then reverses back to the Patcham roundabout and goes back onto the A27 via the westbound exit slip road. I guess it's too heavy to go onto the bridge that goes over the A23

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Apparently it's so heavy that it'll need its own temporary bridge to get it across the Ouse. Presumably this is also why it's got to come off the A27 to cross the A23. Sounds like fun - I think I might pop down and have a watch.

seen this since, convoy brings its own temporay bridge to go over the Ouse.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It looks like it goes down the slip onto the A23 and then reverses back to the Patcham roundabout and goes back onto the A27 via the westbound exit slip road. I guess it's too heavy to go onto the bridge that goes over the A23

:thumbsup: Reckon you might on to something there..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yeah , but it's good information all the same . well done :cheers:

I originally posted this as being tomorrow due to confusion which is why they’re taking the piss to start with.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I originally posted this as being tomorrow due to confusion which is why they’re taking the piss to start with.

It's good info all the same.
It'll create havoc for the locals of Ninfield and Sidley that normally point at aircraft and shout at pigeons.
They'll have something else to stare at.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Apparently they're having to construct a special bridge to get over the Ouze - does anyone know anything about this!?

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
2 hours behind schedule at the moment . I live fairly near the A27 Lewes closed area, and Lewes is pretty much gridlocked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here