Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A view from the away end

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was chatting to an Everton fan at Cobham services his football knowledge was the following
1. Everton are a top 6 club.
2. Burnley best BHA but Everton put 5 past Burnley therefore it should be an easy win for Everton!!

It was a short conversation in the Greggs queue.

And I thought you were more of a Wenzels type of guy:D

el punal

You would think a season and a half of decent home form would earn us some respect. Teams outside the Top 6 don't come to the Amex and win, indeed Everton were lucky to scrape a draw last season.

Well we are sort of going from “With all due respect (meaning f*** all respect), we should be beating teams like Brighton” to “Brighton are hard to beat at home but we should win comfortably”.

We are still in the default position of, if we win, then our opponents have had their worst game in thirty years and we (the Albion) were shit poor as well.

Never let respect and reality get in the way of ignorance and narrow mindedness. One day, maybe, opposition fans will concede and say “Brighton played really well and deserved the three points”. :drink:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well we are sort of going from “With all due respect (meaning f*** all respect), we should be beating teams like Brighton” to “Brighton are hard to beat at home but we should win comfortably”.

We are still in the default position of, if we win, then our opponents have had their worst game in thirty years and we (the Albion) were shit poor as well.

Never let respect and reality get in the way of ignorance and narrow mindedness. One day, maybe, opposition fans will concede and say “Brighton played really well and deserved the three points”. :drink:

Oddly enough, the one set of fans that did sort of say this were Palace!

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
I used to quite like Everton. After their histrionics, play acting and the lack of class shown yesterday however, they can **** right off.

Yea I agree, I really didn't expect that level of stroppiness from Everton. Thought they had a little more class about them as a club.

Manager came across as a whiney Arse. Most players the same with diving etc going on. I hate this "tactic" nowadays of an attack breaking down when a player is tackled (fairly) and then the other side counters, so said player stays down as though he's broken his leg. Then the now attacking team kicks it out and the ball makes its way back to the goalie. I like Pickford though, and it was nice that he got a small applause from the North Stand at the end of half time which he acknowledged.

And no one in the papers or match of the day has pointed out that Everton actually tried to play on themselves before March went on that run.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So we've had Leicester complaining about the Amex being their furthest trip and now Everton doing the same.
When will they realise they only have to do it once a season, we have to do it every away game. Perhaps we should move Brighton somewhere else, Milton Keynes perhaps.

And the MK Seagulls was created!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A few posts on their forum moaning about how difficult it is getting away from the Amex....perhaps they could consider how crap it is watching from part of the away section at Goodison

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Quality fact finders at the echo...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s/everton-player-ratings-vs-brighton-15609056

"Gaetan Bong and Seamus Coleman battle for the ball"

Useless reporting. They even said Yerry Mina was their best player in the first half?

Not sure who saw it, but Andone put him on his arse with a cruncher early doors. His face was a picture. He didn't look angry though, he looked more like a kid whose balloon on a stick had just popped.. Trembly bottom lip job.

Andone let him know he was there, and he didn't look the same for the rest of the game. I like Andone - he plays like he wants to enter the field in a tank shouldering a bazooka aimed at their defenders. :lol:

el punal

Useless reporting. They even said Yerry Mina was their best player in the first half?

Not sure who saw it, but Andone put him on his arse with a cruncher early doors. His face was a picture. He didn't look angry though, he looked more like a kid whose balloon on a stick had just popped.. Trembly bottom lip job.

Andone let him know he was there, and he didn't look the same for the rest of the game. I like Andone - he plays like he wants to enter the field in a tank shouldering a bazooka aimed at their defenders. :lol:

Forget the lip job - more trembley bottom! :D

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Yea I agree, I really didn't expect that level of stroppiness from Everton. Thought they had a little more class about them as a club.

Manager came across as a whiney Arse. .
He did come across that way, and yet he has the look of a mafia boss, who would gladly order you and your wife to be stabbed to teach you some respect. He was top of my list of scariest looking managers, narrowly followed by the new chap at Southampton who looks as though he is itching for someone to spill his beer so that he can start a fight to start in the pub..

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

It's inevitable really. Most established clubs and their fans still regard as lower league fodder playing above ourselves. We were the same ourselves once upon a time. I remember getting beat at Plough Lane, Wimbledon in 84 and it was mortifying, a couple of seasons after we'd been in the top tier, to lose to a team who'd only recently been non=league. The fact that they had the emerging team (Cork, Beasant) that won the FA Cup 3 seasons later passed us by.

The point is, it's still to our advantage that opposition teams see us this way. It's not about 'respect' for me (I hate that word: that and 'big club' are the most pointless phrases in football) it's about sending them home with a bloody nose!

PG

el punal

It's inevitable really. Most established clubs and their fans still regard as lower league fodder playing above ourselves. We were the same ourselves once upon a time. I remember getting beat at Plough Lane, Wimbledon in 84 and it was mortifying, a couple of seasons after we'd been in the top tier, to lose to a team who'd only recently been non=league. The fact that they had the emerging team (Cork, Beasant) that won the FA Cup 3 seasons later passed us by.

The point is, it's still to our advantage that opposition teams see us this way. It's not about 'respect' for me (I hate that word: that and 'big club' are the most pointless phrases in football) it's about sending them home with a bloody nose!

PG

Couldn’t agree more. I must admit I enjoy being a fan of the Premier League upstarts, especially when the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, West Ham and Everton have left with bloody noses. :drink:

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hanging around Brighton station around 6:30 after the game, we look up and Dominic Calvert Lewin is stood beside us with his (quite lovely) missus. My mate's 10 year old boy spots him and quietly sings 'Merry Christmas Everton' with a big s££t eating grin on his face. DCL makes eye contact with every one of us individually like he's sizing up for wading in, shakes his head, and leads his lady friend away. We sniggered like naughty schoolboys and congratulated our young companion with kudos a plenty. The look of contempt on DCL's face was priceless!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He did come across that way, and yet he has the look of a mafia boss, who would gladly order you and your wife to be stabbed to teach you some respect. He was top of my list of scariest looking managers, narrowly followed by the new chap at Southampton who looks as though he is itching for someone to spill his beer so that he can start a fight to start in the pub..

The Everton boss scarey? With his neatly trimmed side burns he looks like a narcissistic mediterranean chump. Drinks tiny coffees, I bet. Paolo Di Canio without the facism.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The Everton boss scarey? With his neatly trimmed side burns he looks like a narcissistic mediterranean chump. Drinks tiny coffees, I bet. Paolo Di Canio without the facism.

I could be persuaded that he is a down-on-his-luck PI with a failed marriage, battling addiction issues..

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
When my daughter was a mascot, Brighton had mix of mascots who were there for free and captain mascots who had paid. The free mascots were pick randomly, if you wanted to make sure your child got a chance you could pay. We were lucky and in a financial position to pay as my daughter was desperate to be a mascots and we got it as one of her Christmas presents. To this day she says it the best present she ever had she was 10 she now 16. It was a game against Reading and some of friends were in the away end. So for me it was worth it. I don’t know if Brighton still have this mix, I hope they do as it will give a child who may otherwise not get a chance a day to remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here