[Albion] A thread for all the seagulls looking down on us today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Lost my dad to cancer late 2021 a month before his state retirement age so very young. Shook the whole family.

We scattered his ashes at Clayton Mills so when driving to home games we literally drive right past him, sounds silly but it’s like we still pick him up and he comes with us to the match
Mums ashes are at woodvale, always blow her a kiss on my way up bear Road on way to the racehill

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
My Dad took me to my first game in 1956, versus Torquay Utd. He was invited by the club as a special guest to the Amex on his 99th birthday.
I know he is looking down on us tonight. Thank you Dad for helping to make special memories. Watford 6-0, Hereford, the Cup final, The Prem and now Europe. Who would have thought!!!!!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Although he never knew it, my Grandad was the one who got me into the Albion. When I first started getting into football I followed the big teams, like a lot of kids, but I remember my Grandad coming back from games at the Withdean when I was staying with him. My Grandma would have the last 5 minutes on the radio, and if Brighton had won, she'd have me and my sisters shout 'Seagulls!' as he came in the door.

Those snippets from the radio caught my interest, and I started listening to games myself. There was a certain player called Zamora around the time who was quite exciting, though being a CB myself I grew to admire Danny Cullip just as much. I was hooked on the drama of successive promotions, relegations, playoff finals and never looked back.

My Grandad had to stop going to games around the same time due to illness, and passed away in 2004. I never got a chance to go to a game with him, and he probably had no idea I became a Brighton fan, but I have a huge amount to thank him for on that front.

I also feel for my Grandma, who hated losing him to the football every other week - I bet she's sick of him going on about Brighton up there at the moment :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My Grandad……

But most of all my Dad, who passed away last year, just over a year ago.

I still can’t talk about it and even typing this is starting me off, we went to all the Brighton games together home and away, and he loved the Albion….

It’s all been very difficult and he would have enjoyed today and our opening game in Kazakhstan……

Great thread - thank you.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My Grandad……

But most of all my Dad, who passed away last year, just over a year ago.

I still can’t talk about it and even typing this is starting me off, we went to all the Brighton games together home and away, and he loved the Albion….

It’s all been very difficult and he would have enjoyed today and our opening game in Kazakhstan……

Great thread - thank you.
I can talk about mum quite easily now, my brother can’t. Sure you’ll get there in the end, drummed into myself that she wouldn’t want me to be down and just remember the happier times

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Dad passed just this week. A Brightonian and massive fan all of his life. Introduced me in the 60's, and I've been a fan ever since. Just wish so much he could have hung on for another week, to see us do the unimaginable. x
Moving comment. I hope you enjoyed and celebrated the result fully on behalf of both!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
My dad passed away just before the final game of the Hyppia season. He'd followed the albion his entire life. It does bother me a little that his final season was so awful. I certainly don't think he'd believe how far we've progressed since then.
He knows...I'm sure of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports