Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A random act of kindness

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I helped an old lady with poor eyesight get the right jar of coffee of the shelf in the supermarket yesterday. I feel good today.

I once saw a driver of a large van leave it in first gear, while reading a map or something.
It crept foward to a telegraph pole, then started climbing the cable that was holding at one side of the pole, until the truck was almost at a complete 45 degrees from the ground.

I generously did not film or photograph it, but sat in my car watching in great amusement as the driver jumped out of his cab shocked.

He managed to reverse it back down, and the cable held all that weight, astoundingly.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I offered to take the beautiful Polish girl who sits opposite me in the office out for a drink this evening in an effort to improve her English.
Clearly made her day, she is still laughing...... :facepalm:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I was asked to perform a random act of kindness once (work related). I bought a big bouquet of flowers and gave them to the most attractive woman I saw. I told her I was giving them to her because she was the most beautiful woman I'd seen that day. She was completely taken aback, almost to the brink of tears, and clearly absolutely delighted and overwhelmed. We engaged in conversation for a couple of minutes and it clearly made her day.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I was asked to perform a random act of kindness once (work related). I bought a big bouquet of flowers and gave them to the most attractive woman I saw. I told her I was giving them to her because she was the most beautiful woman I'd seen that day. She was completely taken aback, almost to the brink of tears, and clearly absolutely delighted and overwhelmed. We engaged in conversation for a couple of minutes and it clearly made her day.

But did it get you a shag?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The saying it's nice to be nice is a very true one and something I do try to live by. As above with the driving, letting people out etc sometimes just the smallest things make a big difference to others but your own self worth. Try it.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex

That's nice!

Whenever I'm in London on business and see older people with suitcases struggling up the stairs from Victoria Tube to Victoria Station I always offer to carry it for them.

Bizarrely this happens quite often.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I offered to help a work colleague today with some work safe in the knowledge that someone else had already offered and was mired down in her shit, I knew that the offer would be declined. She now thinks I'm a helpful chap and gave me a smile. Cost me nothing. I also neglected to weave in and out of traffic on my motorbike this morning thus sparing other drivers the anger and frustration of seeing me sail throught the traffic as they were stuck in roadworks. What a guy!

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
I kindly returned to the owners door step all the dog shit that he can't be bothered to pick up when his dog has a crap.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The saying it's nice to be nice is a very true one and something I do try to live by. As above with the driving, letting people out etc sometimes just the smallest things make a big difference to others but your own self worth. Try it.

Very much this drumstick. Grand gestures happen only a few times in your life. But doing small things often every day really make the difference. To the person your helping and make you feel good too.
I didn't do that much today, just holding open doors. I was preoccupied with leaving work and going straight into a job interview.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Whenever I'm in London on business and see older people with suitcases struggling up the stairs from Victoria Tube to Victoria Station I always offer to carry it for them.

Bizarrely this happens quite often.

Ive always thought at that staircase which is pretty steep it should have someone there to help with bags etc!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I just showed A woman my WILLY in the alley way BETWEEN the Cliftonville and TESCOS. Ungrateful COW started SCREAMING and shouting for the POLICE

I find it hard to believe that her eyesight was that that good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here