Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] A Question of Sport

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I guess they want to appeal to a younger audience? The old stagers had been doing it for years and are all getting on a bit. I wonder if the newbies will have the same chemistry, which was a big part of the attraction to me. Always wanted Tuffers to win though.

Younger audience on a Friday night

Bit of an own goal that

I don't think anyone under the age of 25 actually watches TV anymore ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just man up, FFS! It can't be half as bad a ruination and abomination as inflicting Anne Robinson on to Countdown viewers!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just man up, FFS! It can't be half as bad a ruination and abomination as inflicting Anne Robinson on to Countdown viewers!

Be fair, if they wanted to find someone to make the clock seem animated they absolutely nailed it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Be fair, if they wanted to find someone to make the clock seem animated they absolutely nailed it

If they wanted to nail anything, they should have replaced the clock with a f***in' cross! Ghastly woman. I now have to watch Countdown on delay/record, with my finger on the fast forward button!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Well that was crap

I suffered it for 10 minutes, wondering if the new format is really so different, decided it wasn’t. So I switched channels to avoid being embarrassed at my general lack of sporting knowledge and then realised that’s what I’ve done every time I’ve watched the damn show.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What sports were David Coleman and David Vine A-listers in?

He said A-list sporting figures, Vine and Coleman were two of the biggest names in sports commentary/presenting long before they got the QOS gig. Paddy should be thankful he was Peter Kay’s mate.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I stopped watching it in 1990. It was old, tired and crap then, and clearly hasn't got any better.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Quek is brilliant value, Monte is good and BAME to boot which is a bonus, quite why they chose McGuinness instead of a sportswoman/BAME is bizarre but in his performance so far I'll give him one series before he's replaced by Scott.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So sad to hear QoS is finishing on the beeb. A wonderful show and the latest incumbents McGuinness, Money and Quek have bought it into the 21st century and much more representative of the country, as well as being absolutely hilarious.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
So sad to hear QoS is finishing on the beeb. A wonderful show and the latest incumbents McGuinness, Money and Quek have bought it into the 21st century and much more representative of the country, as well as being absolutely hilarious.
No, no, no. I think you’ve got that all wrong. The demise of QoS is in fact the fault of the latest talentless incumbents that you name, as well as their producers and directors. They should all be ashamed of themselves. The show is being cancelled because it is rubbish…..in my opinion of course.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Anyone could see this coming when the BBC changed the format and got rid of its big names and chemistry in Sue, Matt and Tuffers.

Attempting to appeal to a new audience, it moved too far away from its core viewership, alienated them and lost them for good.

With falling numbers, one might think that the unfocused Football Focus is in danger of going the same way.

When celebrity is either mistaken for talent or prized over it, quality suffers.

Not all change is good.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone could see this coming when the BBC changed the format and got rid of its big names and chemistry in Sue, Matt and Tuffers.

Attempting to appeal to a new audience, it moved too far away from its core viewership, alienated them and lost them for good.

With falling numbers, one might think that the unfocused Football Focus is in danger of going the same way.

When celebrity is either mistaken for talent or prized over it, quality suffers.

Not all change is good.
There's some real talentless idiots at the BBC, mostly in the "think tank" roles.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Not all change is good.
I think it had to change, QoS's regular captains and presenter line up, and it's audience was too white and too old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here