Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Norwich steward sunk to a new "world" stupidity level today

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I am in the camp that stewards need to show some common sense. At the Amex - ESL - if you bring a bag they will confiscate those little deodorants - as they nay be used as missiles. But if you have not got a bag you are not searched and your coat pockets could be stuffed with the things. It makes no sense.

yes, especially as it would be women with said deodrants and we all know us lasses cant throw!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In fairness going to a test match sometimes involves a much more rigorous search than you ever get at football,usually for booze........which begs the question why they are never suspicious of 1000`s of fans entering the ground with litres of vimto/tizer and cartons of mixed fruit.

This - almost always get bags properly searched at international cricket matches......but they never test the contents of bottles of 'soft drinks' :)

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Oh good grief, grow up. A stuffed toy was searched - WHAT HARM WAS DONE ?? Police state indeed ! Clearly you weren't around when violence was common place at matches - searching amongst other things has stopped the mindless thug based violence.

i weren't around when violence was common place at matches:ohmy:.do give it a rest lad of course i was around and i was getting frisked regularly almost every f*cking week as it happens so don't be giving me none of that i weren't around sh*te. i didn't like being searched that much but at least i could justify it unlike today when violence is at a absolute minimum and pretty much non existent compared to that of yesterday... anyway you honestly believe that a bit of frisking put an end to sporadic violence from happening inside a ground....:ohmy:
police went in heavy handed then just like they do today lad.. the difference being nothing hardly ever happens at a football match these days so how can this sort of b*llocks be justified.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
***** BREAKING NEWS*****

Stuffed toy incident at football match causes massive BINFEST!!!

Other news in brief: The manufacturers of PRINGLES are forecasting record profits this year...........

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i weren't around when violence was common place at matches:ohmy:.do give it a rest lad of course i was around and i was getting frisked regularly almost every f*cking week as it happens so don't be giving me none of that i weren't around sh*te. i didn't like being searched that much but at least i could justify it unlike today when violence is at a absolute minimum and pretty much non existent compared to that of yesterday... anyway you honestly believe that a bit of frisking put an end to sporadic violence from happening inside a ground....:ohmy:
police went in heavy handed then just like they do today lad.. the difference being nothing hardly ever happens at a football match these days so how can this sort of b*llocks be justified.

You sound like a man with a chip on his shoulder. I'd calm it down around the kids otherwise they'll end up thinking their Dad's a bit of a knob.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Oh aren't we a lad, boy !!! Frisking is PART of the solution to violence, boy. It wasn't the POLICE that searched the stuffed toy - it was a steward, boy. The reason violence hardly ever happens is BECAUSE of the measures in place, boy. You're yet to say what harm or removal rights has happened ? Or are you just being a drama queen, boy ?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
You sound like a man with a chip on his shoulder. I'd calm it down around the kids otherwise they'll end up thinking their Dad's a bit of a knob.

chip on my shoulder not at all just stating the blatantly obvious. meanwhile you continue doing as you are told whilst being referred to as a dumb knob for doing so.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
chip on my shoulder not at all just stating the blatantly obvious. meanwhile you continue doing as you are told whilst being referred to as a dumb knob for doing so.

And I suppose you calling the steward stupid un-searched the teddy? Stewards can search any bag, jacket or teddy I happen to have. All perfectly quick, reasonable requests.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm with Downham Seagull and DKM, this sort of stupidity from stewards irritates the hell out of me. Unnecessary, intrusive, bordering on pathetic abuse of power.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Abbreviated statement from the Premier League Dec 2013 "A disturbing element has been the involvement of children to smuggle pyrotechnics for adults to let off in the ground"

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Oh aren't we a lad, boy !!! Frisking is PART of the solution to violence, boy. It wasn't the POLICE that searched the stuffed toy - it was a steward, boy. The reason violence hardly ever happens is BECAUSE of the measures in place, boy. You're yet to say what harm or removal rights has happened ? Or are you just being a drama queen, boy ?

oh my f*cking word who's being the drama queen now then. i struggle to believe what im actually hearing when i hear sh*t like frisking is part of the solution to violence, frisking really did put the wind up the hooligans backs didn't it tw*t.

now don't you go working yourself in to a frenzy now kid because i don't want to be faced with your mum tapping my door. now run along and do as mummy tells you just like you do when confronted by them big grizzly stewards.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Abbreviated statement from the Premier League Dec 2013 "A disturbing element has been the involvement of children to smuggle pyrotechnics for adults to let off in the ground"

Are Brighton in the Premier League? Have ANY Brighton fans been involved in any such incident? When was the last time that pyrotechnics used in either a Brighton or Norwich match? In fact, how often have pyrotechnics occurred at any of the 46 matches that occur every week, let alone in the Premier League? How often have children been used to smuggle pyrotechnics in?

This 'disturbing' element has no quantification - how many times? And is the response to a Premier League report on an incident that as far as I can tell is rarer than rocking horse poo by searching children in a lower league game with absolutely zero chance of aggro or pyrotechnics a proportionate response?

Common sense should prevail, not use unquantified reports to further piss off innocent fans as they lawfully go about watching a footie game with their kid. Jesus wept, I can't believe this is being defended with such spurious vigour.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
oh my f*cking word who's being the drama queen now then. i struggle to believe what im actually hearing when i hear sh*t like frisking is part of the solution to violence, frisking really did put the wind up the hooligans backs didn't it tw*t.

now don't you go working yourself in to a frenzy now kid because i don't want to be faced with your mum tapping my door. now run along and do as mummy tells you just like you do when confronted by them big grizzly stewards.

But YOU did what the stewards told you. You didn't bravely pipe up until it was done and you were on your way.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

If smuggling pyrotechnics was that big a problem they would be searching all the adults as they did at Spurs away. Clearly they are not that bothered (thankfully - and why should they be that bothered?) - so why not leave the kids alone ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some people find anything to complain about at matches

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here