[Football] A new Selhurst

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
9278322A-BC65-47B7-B2C9-BB4CED246C29.jpeg

Beautiful lines .

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It looks like something Wilf Lunn would make from a skipfull of Citroen 2CV parts and old bicycles.

I can also see the contract for this going to a Lofts and Extensions company. One near me has the marketing phrase "Don't move. Extend" and given that most extended houses look as mis-shapen as that stadium model, I would think there is a perfect match.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I seem to remember Portsmouth unveiling some amazing looking new stadium design, one new stand was going to look like a giant sail. Then they got relegated..............

Portsmouth-FC-proposal-of-new-stadium.jpg

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I think you're forgetting that it has a Central, Barrel Vaulted Arch With Famous Eagle Crest.

Those don't come cheap.

You're forgetting that they are 'enlarging' the Arthur Waite concourse, which I presume means taking a sledge hammer to the walls and adding a few Acrow props. Life insurance for the builders is going to cost a packet

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Will look great in the Championship .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Good god, that is an absolute dogs dinner. No wonder the promo video conspicuously focuses just on the outside of the new main stand, then swiftly revolves around inside of the rest of it. Its a hotchpotch, a total mess. And KSS are putting their name to it ?

I suppose they'll promote it as a "salvage job", of sorts. Kind of like renovating a forgotten, rusting, derelict old ironworks foundry, and making it into the most basic livable affordable housing for repeat sex offenders, crack addicts and arsonists (ie the general Croydon demographic). A worthy cause on the face of it. But bloody hell, why not just LEVEL the place and start again ? For the amount you're paying you might as well. Go share with Millwall for a couple of years, you'll only need your usual 15k tops if you're out of the PL.

This really does need a rethink.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nice touch they are moving the TV cameras to the new stand. The worldwide television audience completely oblivious to this architectural masterpiece will have an HD resprayed Arthur Waite beamed straight into their living rooms.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Good god, that is an absolute dogs dinner. No wonder the promo video conspicuously focuses just on the outside of the new main stand, then swiftly revolves around inside of the rest of it. Its a hotchpotch, a total mess. And KSS are putting their name to it ?

I suppose they'll promote it as a "salvage job", of sorts. Kind of like renovating a forgotten, rusting, derelict old ironworks foundry, and making it into the most basic livable affordable housing for repeat sex offenders, crack addicts and arsonists (ie the general Croydon demographic). A worthy cause on the face of it. But bloody hell, why not just LEVEL the place and start again ? For the amount you're paying you might as well. Go share with Millwall for a couple of years, you'll only need your usual 15k tops if you're out of the PL.

This really does need a rethink.
It seps out of every pore .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here