Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A new Albion kit i made for my Football Manager game (sad, I know)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
You can, but it's a bit fiddly (easy if you know how). The image itself will show on the main information tab of the club's details, but in the match engine it will still show the old red/black version unless you go into the editor first and change the Brighton away kit. Unfortunately this means you'll have to start a new game.

If you're fine with doing that I can make it easier (if a bit of a wall of text) by showing you a simpler way than downloading stuff.

View attachment 26002View attachment 26001
1. These 2 are PNG files which is the format the game uses (the first ones I uploaded were larger JPEGs). Save them as brighton_1 for the home kit and brighton_2 for the away.
2. Go to your FM folder in your documents - i.e. C:\Users\your name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\ and create an empty folder called graphics. Go into it and create a sub-folder called kits. Save your two PNG files here.
3. This is the wall of text bit. Open up notepad and copy/paste the following text in. Save it in the same folder as config.

<record>
<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
files from the correct places
-->

<list id="maps">
<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->
<record from="brighton_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/618/kits/away"/>
<record from="brighton_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/618/kits/home"/>
</list>
</record>

4. Go into the game and go into your preferences. Make sure you've unticked 'use skin cache' and ticked 'always reload kits on return' on the Graphics tab. Hit confirm and when the screen reloads (this shouldn't take more than 20 or 30 seconds) it should show in-game.

Let me know if it doesn't work, I'll see if I can work out anything obvious that might be going wrong.:thumbsup:

Ill try that... will be able to get an apporximation in the matchday engine by using FMRTE

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
this may change the kit on the information screen, but this will not affect them in-game (the 3d match engine), as the 3d kits are used which are part of the graphics.fmf file, so even if you change the 3d kit colours in fmrte, it wont change it from the standard kit. you CAN change this by making your own 3d kit and creating a .cfg file for it, but iv never tried making a 3d kit, as the template looks fiddly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here