Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A new Albion kit i made for my Football Manager game (sad, I know)

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
so just downloaded some kit designer programme and had a little play around. Ended up making a new home and away kit for the Albion and sticking them into my game.

I was well chuffed with them but am curious as to what other Albion fans think about my first foray into fashion....

618_home.png 618_away.png618_third.png

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Looking at the home kit.... it would actually be comical if we really were sponsored by TESCO.

good efforts the seagulls logo looks like its on steroids

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Make the red stripes blue and the little red logo white and you've got something there. Any reason you decided against putting the Brighton & Hove Jobs sponsor logo on the shirt?

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
better....

bright.png

didn't use Brighton Jobs as I don't find it a particularly interesting sponsor - was making some with the Skint logo but preferred the look with the AMEX one

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
so just downloaded some kit designer programme and had a little play around. Ended up making a new home and away kit for the Albion and sticking them into my game.

I was well chuffed with them but am curious as to what other Albion fans think about my first foray into fashion....

View attachment 25548 View attachment 25549View attachment 25550

What program is it? I've just been fiddling around with photoshop but it takes FOREVER and is super fiddly. Doesn't come out even 5% as good as those either.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
got addicted to this! am into the next season and here is the new kit i've just made us!!

What do you reckon? -i'm pretty happy with it.

Plus, anyone else done any - would be good to get a collection of custom Albion kits that people could just put into their game if they want

Attachments

• 618_home.png
    618_home.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 658
  • 618_away.png
    618_away.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 659

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
got addicted to this! am into the next season and here is the new kit i've just made us!!

What do you reckon? -i'm pretty happy with it.

Plus, anyone else done any - would be good to get a collection of custom Albion kits that people could just put into their game if they want

I would absolutely love to have an adidas originals made shirt. It would be amazing and would immediately be the coolest shirt in the world.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
[MENTION=10641]brightonrock[/MENTION] Nice kits, hoping the home kit is exactly that!

[MENTION=3408]Fatboy Quim[/MENTION] Those kits are sensational, so wish we could have that.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
haha - those are the exact new kits right? you obviously knew something we didn't

edit - in fact just seen the timing of the post!! Pretty sure that will be the new kit though. Very nice but agree wiht turkey - swap the blue and white

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
1 - can you use these in an already saved game?
2 - if so, can I have the file please?

yes you can use these in an already saved game - do you already have some custom kits or do you use only the ones that came with the game?

I'm no expert, but depending on the answer to the above question i should be able to get these kits into your game

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
1 - can you use these in an already saved game?
2 - if so, can I have the file please?

You can, but it's a bit fiddly (easy if you know how). The image itself will show on the main information tab of the club's details, but in the match engine it will still show the old red/black version unless you go into the editor first and change the Brighton away kit. Unfortunately this means you'll have to start a new game.

If you're fine with doing that I can make it easier (if a bit of a wall of text) by showing you a simpler way than downloading stuff.

View attachment 26002View attachment 26001
1. These 2 are PNG files which is the format the game uses (the first ones I uploaded were larger JPEGs). Save them as brighton_1 for the home kit and brighton_2 for the away.
2. Go to your FM folder in your documents - i.e. C:\Users\your name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\ and create an empty folder called graphics. Go into it and create a sub-folder called kits. Save your two PNG files here.
3. This is the wall of text bit. Open up notepad and copy/paste the following text in. Save it in the same folder as config.

<record>
<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
files from the correct places
-->

<list id="maps">
<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->
<record from="brighton_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/618/kits/away"/>
<record from="brighton_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/618/kits/home"/>
</list>
</record>

4. Go into the game and go into your preferences. Make sure you've unticked 'use skin cache' and ticked 'always reload kits on return' on the Graphics tab. Hit confirm and when the screen reloads (this shouldn't take more than 20 or 30 seconds) it should show in-game.

Let me know if it doesn't work, I'll see if I can work out anything obvious that might be going wrong.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here