Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message to Tammy Abraham

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
can we have Giroud instead ?

If he could regularly play 90 minutes, he would be my number one candidate. A strong aerial and physical presence who could give opposition defenders more to worry about than just our jinky passing game; A target for crosses; An intelligent footballer who knows how to make space for his colleagues; Strong at holding the ball up and capable of lethal finishing. He would also be a great player for our younger strikers to work with. If he was five years younger, we wouldn't have a chance of signing him. A world cup winner with 100 caps for one of the biggest football nations of the era, still averaging a goal every 180 minutes playing time and available on a free. The only thing missing is being a penalty taker. Perhaps his old teammate Danny Welbeck could make the call that Lallana made to him and say how nice it is down here in 'Nearly France-by-the-Sea'.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leicester have emerged as favourites for his signature, see him as the long term replacement for Vardy. If the £40m asking price rumoured is correct that is an absolute steal in todays market.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is no way Abraham will come here.

I reckon he could go to any 'top 6' club - but not sure Chelsea would sell him to one of them. Perhaps an outside club, maybe as leverage for another player in return. But Tammy also has to want to go there.

Can see him going to Germany or Italy. His PL record is basically 1 in 2 isn't it? I think his aspirations will be a bit higher than club that has always been in the bottom 6

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

I reckon he could go to any 'top 6' club - but not sure Chelsea would sell him to one of them. Perhaps an outside club, maybe as leverage for another player in return. But Tammy also has to want to go there.

Can see him going to Germany or Italy. His PL record is basically 1 in 2 isn't it? I think his aspirations will be a bit higher than club that has always been in the bottom 6

We can dream at least.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

Now I'm not suggesting for one minute that I think we stand a chance of signing Abraham - we don't.

But surely the only way for us not to be a bottom six club is for us to attract players who'll make us better than a bottom six club, i.e not 'bottom six' players?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now I'm not suggesting for one minute that I think we stand a chance of signing Abraham - we don't.

But surely the only way for us not to be a bottom six club is for us to attract players who'll make us better than a bottom six club, i.e not 'bottom six' players?

Correct - but TA has already proven himself beyond that level. What we need is to unearth a TA ourselves to propel us up the league

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Leicester have emerged as favourites for his signature, see him as the long term replacement for Vardy. If the £40m asking price rumoured is correct that is an absolute steal in todays market.

:bowdown: :lolol: :thumbsup:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

And there is our (uncle Tony’s) biggest challenge.

The club continue to try to find the next Abraham but before said player becomes a £40m+ asset on silly wages.
We seem rather good at it with the exception of striker where I’d say the last genuine rough gem we found was Ulloa.

I think the Locadia experience must have burnt TB a little and AJ won’t have helped much either.
I still maintain that Origi at the suggested £15m is a steal and crucially is achievable to our club, he would improve us and provide the threat we desperately need. Just because Liverpool fans don’t think he’s good enough for them is irrelevant to us IMO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sell Bissouma and Propper for combined £50m, let Izquierdo go, buy Abraham for £40m, pay Abraham £100K a week.

We'd be up £10m in transfer kitty and £15K a week on salaries

Yes, it won't happen but if it I'd feel a lot more comfortable about next season.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Sell Bissouma and Propper for combined £50m, let Izquierdo go, buy Abraham for £40m, pay Abraham £100K a week.

We'd be up £10m in transfer kitty and £15K a week on salaries

Yes, it won't happen but if it I'd feel a lot more comfortable about next season.

One of the problems with paying a player $100k per week is that then other players also want $100k per week.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of the problems with paying a player $100k per week is that then other players also want $100k per week.

Indeed, but I'm sure the Barca players want what Messi's on too.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The fact that everyone is behaving like schoolboys over the idea that we'd sign Abraham is a sign of how desperate we are.

I'd go with an Origi before an Abraham.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
And there is our (uncle Tony’s) biggest challenge.

I still maintain that Origi at the suggested £15m is a steal and crucially is achievable to our club, he would improve us and provide the threat we desperately need. Just because Liverpool fans don’t think he’s good enough for them is irrelevant to us IMO.

Could be, and if Liverpool want Bissouma, that could be a decent bit of business. When we sold our best player Lawro to Liverpool, Jimmy Case was the 'makeweight,' and that didn't turn out too badly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Chelsea happy to sell - or season loan with obligation to buy. About £40M should do it - Tony what you waiting for ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here