[Food] A good, reasonably priced restaurant in Brighton at short notice

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Of late I rather like Cafe Malbec/ Latino America on Church Road.

And 'Moonstone' Sri Lankan on Church Road

And Eastern Eye (excellent curry ... But on London Road)

The food in my local (The Sterling) looks good at the moment but I haven't eaten any yet.

Good luck.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Wild Flor in Hove is lovely - owned and run by Sarah Watt’s nephew. I designed the logo, so points deducted for that.

They’ve won a few awards, including best wine list in Brighton if that’s your bag.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Ginger Pig
The Connaught

Both near each other around St Aubyns in Hove. Both are good quality and usually have space. I especially like The Connaught. Pretty much a perfect pub/restaurant. And I like the separate restaurant area.

If you have trouble booking your first choices, The Modelo Lounge nearby is not bad, reasonably priced for a chain.

Both great pubs . The ginger pig also has a fab bar .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tne Witchez

VFM food with big portions. Menu is online if you want to look.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For great value, if you like Turkish/Mediterranean, the family run Constantinople on Western Road - opposite Norfolk Square - is usually very good. They do a good set menu for about £20 a head covering a choice of a couple of meze dishes each, an entree (meatball, fried halloumi, that sort of stuff) and a main (chargrilled salmon, chicken kebabs etc). Their pitta with the meze was a bit disappointing last time we went - seemed shop bought - but hopefully a temporary dip in standard. 6pm and 8pm sittings on weekends I think so they can squeeze more people in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports