[Food] A good, reasonably priced restaurant in Brighton at short notice

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tomorrow night it appears I am treating a few close family and friends to Dinner in Brighton.

Given I will have to book it tonight, I'm hoping that means most of the 'to die for' places that have to be booked months in advance aren't a goer

So, suggestions please ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Five Guys

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A collective happy birthday from nsc.

Sorry but that was a couple of months ago, and even I've stopped counting :down:

Unfortunately, I happened to tell Mrs Wz that a couple of mates that I play football with play for England over 65s. She now sees it as her mission to get a couple of stone off me, stop me drinking and get me fit in the next few years,

I'd rather someone else broke it to her :wink:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Curry Leaf Cafe, Cote, Chilli Pickle, Namo (Thai food at the Eagle pub), Med.

Good luck that’s pretty short notice.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’ve given up booking restaurants in central Brighton, the parking is just too much hassle. I’d recommend Othellos in Church rd Hove , very reasonable prices & lovely pasta dishes. Far easier to park round there and there’s about another 10 restaurants within a 3 min walk along that road , all pretty good . Lemon grass is a favourite and Persia .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry but that was a couple of months ago, and even I've stopped counting :down:

Unfortunately, I happened to tell Mrs Wz that a couple of mates that I play football with play for England over 65s. She now sees it as her mission to get a couple of stone off me, stop me drinking and get me fit in the next few years,

Because you specifically said Brighton, I didn’t mention the Royal Oak at Poynings, fantastic food these days and won’t put a dent in your investments.

We’ve eaten out over the years at all the pricey restaurants later plugged by GuinnessBoy and HerrTubthumper, these days I’m quite happy with the alleged next level down.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

What, you're Scottish?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Casa don Carlos

Now I am a great fan, unfortunately Mrs Wz isn't. 'Too much fried stuff', she is a serious health freak, 6 times a week at gym, porridge for dinner, proper weirdo :wink:

I may go for it anyway, what's the worst that could happen :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Because you specifically said Brighton, I didn’t mention the Royal Oak at Poynings, fantastic food these days and won’t put a dent in your investments.

We’ve eaten out over the years at all the pricey restaurants later plugged by GuinnessBoy and HerrTubthumper, these days I’m quite happy with the alleged next level down.

I gave up those restaurants the moment it wasn't on expenses and I had to pay myself, (and between you and me, it was never worth the difference) :wink:

I may well give the Royal Oak a go, was always good in the past :thumbsup:

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
la piazza in hove in unbelievable place to eat, we have found hove to be a bit easier to book than brighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
I gave up those restaurants the moment it wasn't on expenses and I had to pay myself, (and between you and me, it was never worth the difference) :wink:

I may well give the Royal Oak a go, was always good in the past :thumbsup:

if not royal oak you have got the shepherd and dog just round corner and also tottington manor has been good food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tomorrow night it appears I am treating a few close family and friends to Dinner in Brighton.

Given I will have to book it tonight, I'm hoping that means most of the 'to die for' places that have to be booked months in advance aren't a goer

So, suggestions please ?

[MENTION=13]CHAPPERS[/MENTION] knows his stuff. I particularly like the first two curry places, but Planet India is also great. For more trad stuff, Semolina is worth a go.
I haven't eaten out in Brighton for ages, but people I've spoken to have said that booking is really difficult at the mo, and you might struggle on that front especially a weekend night with 24 hours notice. Strangely enough, I am eating out tomorrow -- Mrs' b'day.
Fish & Chips: Bardsleys or Bankers you might get in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ginger Pig
The Connaught

Both near each other around St Aubyns in Hove. Both are good quality and usually have space. I especially like The Connaught. Pretty much a perfect pub/restaurant. And I like the separate restaurant area.

If you have trouble booking your first choices, The Modelo Lounge nearby is not bad, reasonably priced for a chain.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports