Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A genuine question - what did the UK gain from Indian occupation?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
[tweet]1571056361831792643[/tweet]

While there is a lot about that that I do disagree with, or at least don't take as gospel, or believe that he has missed out a lot fo detail that puts the other side of the case - I do agree his conclusion - that the differences in skin colour, as well as in language, in religion, in background, are completely irrelevant in relation what we do share in common - our humanity. That ought to be an article of faith, at least among those who oppose racism.

And yet ...

We have BAME, which has not disappeared, which splits the population into "White British" and "The Rest". This leads to a widespread concept that BAME people are different, with consequences like the absurd so-called cultural appropriation, whereby certain people think it anathema for a white man to want to follow the habits and enjoyments of a black man. The whole concept being that black people are different. They aren't.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
While there is a lot about that that I do disagree with, or at least don't take as gospel, or believe that he has missed out a lot fo detail that puts the other side of the case - I do agree his conclusion - that the differences in skin colour, as well as in language, in religion, in background, are completely irrelevant in relation what we do share in common - our humanity. That ought to be an article of faith, at least among those who oppose racism.

And yet ...

We have BAME, which has not disappeared, which splits the population into "White British" and "The Rest". This leads to a widespread concept that BAME people are different, with consequences like the absurd so-called cultural appropriation, whereby certain people think it anathema for a white man to want to follow the habits and enjoyments of a black man. The whole concept being that black people are different. They aren't.

2 questions:

What do you dispute?

Why is your response to sins of the past to start talking about something you disagree with in the present day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here