Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few in spain say Ulloa. .....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry off topic for a moment. Didnt want to start a new thread or anytjing. Can anybody tell me who the guy on tje right is. Ince, fenelon and somebody on twitter said they think it is rob hunt. Anyone know for sure. Thanks

gy7u9eby.jpg

It certainly looks like Rob Hunt next to and behind Shamir Fenelon.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
What I have heard, which is only by a friend who knows someone within the club, that we were/are looking for 10m, with Leicester offering just over 6m. The club are expecting another offer and if that fee is around the 8m mark then the deal will go through.

I guess we will see come Wednesday game if he plays or not, if we are talking 8-10m worth of player it would be dangerous to jeapordise such a possible deal.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do you think the fans that want to see the first team squad progress ever get pissed off with constantly being preached at by blinkered fans?

Stop putting words in my mouth. I want players signed like anyone else but that's very different to being dissatisfied with the club. Would you rather have ducking bill archer in charge?

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I wonder about Lua Lua....he is normally prolific on twitter, why is he quiet at the moment?... Kemy, JFC and a few others are posting away Kaz seems to have lost his phone,.... is there something he is keeping quiet about trf-wise.

I can only presume he doesn't want to rack up a load of international data roaming charges.

(Sorry, got to try and play the optimist for the moment)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Stop putting words in my mouth. I want players signed like anyone else but that's very different to being dissatisfied with the club. Would you rather have ducking bill archer in charge?

No of course I wouldn't, I'm extremely grateful that we have Tony Bloom in charge, as are 99.9% of level headed Albion fans. However just at the moment we appear to have gone a bit stale in the recruitment department, the last 2 transfer windows have been disappointing and although it's mid July this window isn't looking overly fruitful with the only real rumour doing the rounds being about our star striker being sold. I can fully appreciate why people are concerned by his possible departure as it's highly plausible that we will not see the money invested back into the first team squad. We were hanging on for something to happen in January when El Abd, Barnes and Bridcutt were sold, we signed Stephens and Monakana which was in all honesty a bit underwhelming, though I believe Stephens will be a good player for us. All in all I don't think it's necessary for people to get such a hostile reception on here for being vocal about their disappointment/worry about our transfer activity.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We want to be self sustaining. We are not in a position to offer silly money to ensure a signing when the most sought after players hold the cards.

However, we have done so in the past.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We want to be self sustaining. We are not in a position to offer silly money to ensure a signing when the most sought after players hold the cards.

However, we have done so in the past.

I don't think any rational fans are expecting us to be bidding £11m for McCormack etc , and appreciate we are trying to live within our means and be FFP compliant, but is it really totally out of the question for us to maybe spend a little bit of money on an established player, even if they're from League One? To try and be competitive in this division surely we need more than just the kids and the odd loan player, or are we happy treading water in the Championship?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't think any rational fans are expecting us to be bidding £11m for McCormack etc , and appreciate we are trying to live within our means and be FFP compliant, but is it really totally out of the question for us to maybe spend a little bit of money on an established player, even if they're from League One? To try and be competitive in this division surely we need more than just the kids and the odd loan player, or are we happy treading water in the Championship?
Why wouldn't we be? Lots of teams are spending much more than we are and we are still out placing them in the division. No point in taking risks with regards to spending money if transfer embargoes will likely be imposed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some people just pretend to know what the budget is and in reality haven't a clue.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I don't have any answers to that. I would imagine there will be bigger signings closer to the transfer window shutting.

There are those with parachute payments, those with chairmen 'gifting' money to reach the promised land and those whom are trying to survive. I think we slip in to the last category.

Our aim is clearly the top flight. Treading water means horrendous losses.

However, isn't it sad that getting promoted means paying (and losing money) random chaps mega millions when they don't really do much for their cash.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why wouldn't we be? Lots of teams are spending much more than we are and we are still out placing them in the division. No point in taking risks with regards to spending money if transfer embargoes will likely be imposed.

Unless we make some investment into the first team we will mid table this season. I'm fine with that, but perhaps the club shouldn't reel off lines about being PLR etc if we aren't actually trying to get there other than by stumbling across a very lucky and injury free winning formation.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
So some people in Spain say he's gone.

Gone where????? Shopping, sunbathing, to the beach??????

Until it's an official announcement he's gone he still plays for us and those few in Spain should provide something other than rumour mongering!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I can only presume he doesn't want to rack up a load of international data roaming charges.

(Sorry, got to try and play the optimist for the moment)

I heard his battery was flat so he couldn't power it up at airport security.
It was then taken away from him.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So some people in Spain say he's gone.

Gone where????? Shopping, sunbathing, to the beach??????

Until it's an official announcement he's gone he still plays for us and those few in Spain should provide something other than rumour mongering!

Definitely still here, watched him train this evening and afterwards was sitting at the Pinatar Arena with Bruno and Calde enjoying the band at the barbecue. He was very happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here