Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few in spain say Ulloa. .....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Brighton really need to start signing players. The level of dissatisfaction among the fan base is getting higher and higher and all we hear is stories about the possibility of our best player leaving.

Among about 5% of the fanbase. I'm starting to get really pissed off with the whinging tbh. We have a fantastically run club from top to bottom and I'm sure they're all working hard at it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Even we do want to sell Leo, and given that we've turned down about 3-4 offers this season and 2-3 offers in January then we're going a funny way about it, then why is it in the interest of other clubs or for the Albion for him not to do pre-season training and get match fit.

There's no reason for him not to do pre-season training, and, afaik, he has participated in all sessions. However, if his departure were to be imminent, both clubs may not want to take the risk of him getting injured in a match. If any deal were not close, you'd think that getting match sharpness would be more important. So, my call, based on very little is that he's off, and off quite soon (single digit days).

I can't decide if I'm gutted at that prospect or just a little meh. Leo at his best has been immense for us; the problem is that since his injury he very rarely played to the same level as he did before. The big imponderable is whether the close season and pre-season has allowed him to fully recover to pre-injury levels of performance.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Among about 5% of the fanbase. I'm starting to get really pissed off with the whinging tbh. We have a fantastically run club from top to bottom and I'm sure they're all working hard at it.

100% agree. It's the same people day after day

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
This what the Telegraph said a few days ago £7.5 million i think they were spot on !!
Good business only if we spend all of that money on players though

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Do you think the fans that want to see the first team squad progress ever get pissed off with constantly being preached at by blinkered fans?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

The recruitment team will be judged by their results - getting quality players in. Toko looks good so far. Other than that, their result is a TBC 'F'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hadn't seen that article - thanks. A semantic point - I don't see anywhere in it that says that Sami told the Argus that...there are no quotes, just assertions from Owen. It may be that all is well and that Leo isn't going anywhere, but I don't believe that to be true. We'll see.

Why are you so convinced the club is lying?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Do you think the fans that want to see the first team squad progress ever get pissed off with constantly being preached at by blinkered fans?

Too ****ing right. Just automatically assuming everything the club do is perfect is just so naive. Still, to each their own. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why are you so convinced the club is lying?

I'm not! The article doesn't quote the club either. Has the club or any employee of the club said anywhere that Leo has an injury? The Argus has made an assertion with no quotes. Obviously they will have had a source, but that source hasn't been quoted, so the club can say that the Argus was misinformed.

It's not a big deal to me - I think that Sami's body language was awkward when asked the question and also think he answered it in a somewhat awkward way too. From that, I deduce that he didn't want to talk about the topic, and that therefore he is aware that something is going on with either Kaz or Leo. S'all.

EDIT:

I see from the pre-match article on the club's website the following:

"Sami Hyypia has only a few injury doubts for the first fixture.

Neither Nzuzi Toko or Kazenga LuaLua have taken part in training in Spain so far so Bradley Barry has been called up from the under-21 camp in La Manga.

Shamir Fenelon and Kemy Agustien both have minor muscle problems but could feature, while Andrew Crofts (knee) and Dale Stephens (foot) won't play a part in either game during the tour.

Crofts has returned to training but won't participate in any matches until after visitng a surgeon back in the UK, and Stephens is still recovering from a ankle injury sustained at the end of last season against Blackpool. "

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/preview-albion-v-partick-1745805.aspx

So - the club have said that Kaz hasn't taken part in training, implying an injury. They've also then given a list, which seems to me to be pretty comprehensive, of the injuries. Leo isn't mentioned at all. If your star striker was injured, wouldn't you say so if you're listing all the injuries?

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This what the Telegraph said a few days ago £7.5 million i think they were spot on !!
Good business only if we spend all of that money on players though
which according to the Argus, Leicester papers, and the Telegraph we've rejected. (the 7.5m and 6.25 figures are both being quoted for this "final offer" )

The Telegraph most recent story about Ulloa was this one on Thursday...
Leicester City have had a bid of £6.25 million for Leonardo Ulloa rejected by Brighton and Hove Albion.
Nigel Pearson - who has also offered Jamie Vardy a new contract - wants to sign a proven goalscorer this summer.
He was prepared to smash Leicester City’s transfer record - the £5 million they paid Wolverhampton Wanderers for striker Ade Akinbiyi - with a renewed bid for Ulloa.
Leicester have already had at least three offers rejected for the Argentine but have weighed up whether to pay the asking price and they could now finally end their protracted pursuit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-for-Leonardo-Ulloa-rejected-by-Brighton.html

I think the 7.5m is being bandied about because the same writer a few hours before tweeted this although he subsequently updated his story to say 6.25m. Perhaps it was 6.25 + add ons.
[tweet]487246067679772674[/tweet]

The only update since then is news today that Leicester might be switching their interest to Charlie Austin...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes.
[tweet]488052508888416256[/tweet]

Fair enough! Thanks. I do wish the club would use more than just Twitter to report material things - it's not on the website or on player.

Perhaps that's all there is to it then....

..or perhaps he has both picked up a knock and is also going... (which, to be clear is not accusing the club of lying).

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I will go on record and say that i think Leo & Kaz will be playing for the Albion this season and we will have 4/5 quality signings before the season starts.

IF I'm wrong on all accounts I will take the blue and white tinted specs off and eat a large portion of humble and start to questions what is going on behind the scenes at top level.

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
Sorry off topic for a moment. Didnt want to start a new thread or anytjing. Can anybody tell me who the guy on tje right is. Ince, fenelon and somebody on twitter said they think it is rob hunt. Anyone know for sure. Thanks

gy7u9eby.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry off topic for a moment. Didnt want to start a new thread or anytjing. Can anybody tell me who the guy on tje right is. Ince, fenelon and somebody on twitter said they think it is rob hunt. Anyone know for sure. Thanks

gy7u9eby.jpg

I've looked at the player profiles on the club website and it could be Dickenson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here