Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few Albion 'fans' being nationalistic ****s on the train last night...a rare occurrence?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You are continuing to confuse yourself!
There are two elements to this 'song' that you refer too:
1. The bit about St George - this is sung by English nationalists and some football supporters but I repeat it ha never as a rule been sung by Ulster loyalists and the further point being that a pro- English song is not critical of Catholics and therefore not sectarian;
2. The add-on abot no surrender is not sectarian either.
There is no 'splitting of hairs' it is a simple fact!

Post of the week.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
since the song is aimed at terrorists and not Irish people in general and given his relatives are not i presume IRA,im so not sure why they should be even the slightest concerned.... has anyone even suggested these people broke out into this particular song because they realised there was an Irish person in the vicinity.......i dont think so.........thats a massive "if" presumption you have made

I said it was not clear if it was directed at them or not. More than once. Your rather pompous post seems to ignore that for some reason.
If it was directed at them on the basis of their nationality, then it is wrong, that is all I said, and all what other people have said.
If it was sung, as said 'aggressively' but towards them, I can imagine it would make them feel quite uncomfortable, whether supporters of Irish terrorism or not.
I also said, the ONLY people on this thread who seem to be offended, are the same people as usual, who are permanently offended. That is still the case.
From my personal opinion, I think the song being sung at all, on a train out of Brighton following a football match, 15 years after a peace agreement, where everybody surrendered something is a little bit bizarre, and makes Brighton supporters look a little bit silly, unless there were supporters of Irish terrorism on the train, which I doubt.
A silly song, sung, and defended in this day and age, by silly people.

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I said it was not clear if it was directed at them or not. More than once. Your rather pompous post seems to ignore that for some reason.
If it was directed at them on the basis of their nationality, then it is wrong, that is all I said, and all what other people have said.
If it was sung, as said 'aggressively' but towards them, I can imagine it would make them feel quite uncomfortable.
I also said, the ONLY people on this thread who seem to be offended, are the same people as usual, who are permanently offended. That is still the case.
From my personal opinion, I think the song being sung at all, on a train out of Brighton following a football match, 15 years after a peace agreement, where everybody surrendered something is a little bit bizarre, and makes Brighton supporters look a little bit silly, unless there were supporters of Irish terrorism on the train, which I doubt.
A silly song, sung, and defended in this day and age, by silly people.

OR

The OP is making it up!

9 minute journey from Falmer to Brighton on the train, yet these fans managed to belt out a ballad of flag waving songs!

There is either some over exaggeration going on here, or some serious stirring of hatred for whatever reason...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
OR

The OP is making it up!

9 minute journey from Falmer to Brighton on the train, yet these fans managed to belt out a ballad of flag waving songs!

There is either some over exaggeration going on here, or some serious stirring of hatred for whatever reason...

Still no reply from the OP to what the other " flag waving songs were "
I'm also very surprised that not one other person has come onto this thread and said they, either heard or saw what happened.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thanks for that... it didn't spoil a great day but find it bizarre that others on this thread think it was a made up story just to get a reaction... main thing I've gleaned is the reassurance that most Albion fans think this sort of stuff is pathetic and out-dated... cheers!

What other songs were sung? Still no mention.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When the MET laid on our own special tube train from Hammersmith to Shepherds Bush Market QPR away early 2000's It was being sang then by about 200 lads so its not really a knew thing to BHA.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When the MET laid on our own special tube train from Hammersmith to Shepherds Bush Market QPR away early 2000's It was being sang then by about 200 lads so its not really a knew thing to BHA.

Yes you are correct.
And it was very kind of the Met to look after us so well :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
OR

The OP is making it up!

There's no description of said fans, how many or phone evidence, all of which would be easy to obtain.

These sort of threads have a pattern. The OP starts a thread making an accusation, but then posts very little information to back up their accusation.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
which as usual is something you have simply invented in your head to apply to people who dont think like you

hahaha

Yeah, that will be it.
Ive not seen anybody on this thread offended by this song. There is however outrage, from the usual people (the permanently offended), that people would even question it.

Thats pretty funny as well. Keep being offended. Its fun to watch.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think I would feel uncomfortable if, when visiting Ireland, a group of drunken lads started up with Irish Rebel songs.
I have not heard it sung at an Albion game for some years, but it has popped up in the past usually after England have had a couple of games, I guess these chaps may have been in Berlin and had the chant in their heads, hopefully unaware of Irish in their presence. If it came up because they heard Irish accents, assholes.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Oh really, who are they then?
Ive not seen anybody offended yet other than the permanently offended.

Oh, you know the type.

High minded liberal types, with a visceral hatred of the traditional British working class and a hard on for state censorship.

Sometimes these people hide their hatred for the working class behind proxy arguments about what drunk people do.

If there is one thing they hate it's the very idea of the British working class singing aggressively on public transport........at that point the gloves are off and they want action by state paramilitaries.

You know the type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here