Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few Albion 'fans' being nationalistic ****s on the train last night...a rare occurrence?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh, you know the type.

High minded liberal types, with a visceral hatred of the traditional British working class and a hard on for state censorship.

Sometimes these people hide their hatred for the working class behind proxy arguments about what drunk people do.

If there is one thing they hate it's the very idea of the British working class singing aggressively on public transport........at that point the gloves are off and they want action by state paramilitaries.

You know the type.

What a lot of drivel.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Oh, you know the type.

High minded liberal types, with a visceral hatred of the traditional British working class and a hard on for state censorship.

Sometimes these people hide their hatred for the working class behind proxy arguments about what drunk people do.

If there is one thing they hate it's the very idea of the British working class singing aggressively on public transport........at that point the gloves are off and they want action by state paramilitaries.

You know the type.

:tantrum:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
hahaha

Yeah, that will be it.
Ive not seen anybody on this thread offended by this song. There is however outrage, from the usual people (the permanently offended), that people would even question it.

Thats pretty funny as well. Keep being offended. Its fun to watch.
Outrage ?? You live in a fantasy world :facepalm: anyway it's comical you talking about the "permanently offended" after you got "offended" on somebody else's behalf about pastafarians username .

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Outrage ?? You live in a fantasy world :facepalm: anyway it's comical you talking about the "permanently offended" after you got "offended" on somebody else's behalf about pastafarians username .

I wasnt particularly offended by it. I just questioned why one religion (obviously close to my musical heart) is obviously targeted in the name. I didnt get an answer. TBF, I was baiting him a bit, but he was unable to answer, other than 'it covers all religions'... obviously, the name 'Pastafarian' makes that clear....

Why am I living in a fantasy world Bushy?

A song (A rather silly song in 2016) may or may not have been sung on a train carrying Brighton supporters. People say they dont understand why, and the usual suspects come along and defend it as though outraged by the mere question.....and then sneering at peoples shock being offended by it... when nobody has been particularly.
Its been one of the most bizarre threads in a while.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think I would feel uncomfortable if, when visiting Ireland, a group of drunken lads started up with Irish Rebel songs.
I have not heard it sung at an Albion game for some years, but it has popped up in the past usually after England have had a couple of games, I guess these chaps may have been in Berlin and had the chant in their heads, hopefully unaware of Irish in their presence. If it came up because they heard Irish accents, assholes.
Best you keep away then , this is in a busy Dublin shopping area.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We are anti terrorism not just IRA !! Surely as a human being you feel the same ?

Indeed ..... I assume everyone will also condemn the summary executions and murders by the British in Ireland as well then ? Or indeed internment, or maybe Bloody Sunday ? As much as anti-IRA people don't like it, the British were equally murderous and foul in Ireland. And for the avoidance of doubt - I DO NOT CONDONE WHAT THE IRA DID - it just seems many people forget what a disgusting race us British have been in the past as well.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm confused about the "nationalistic ***s" thing. Would "England, England, England!" qualify as being offensive too?

I just looked up the definition of "nationalist".

a person who advocates political independence for a country.

Still confused. Is that bad?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I wasnt particularly offended by it. I just questioned why one religion (obviously close to my musical heart) is obviously targeted in the name. I didnt get an answer. TBF, I was baiting him a bit, but he was unable to answer, other than 'it covers all religions'... obviously, the name 'Pastafarian' makes that clear....

Why am I living in a fantasy world Bushy?

A song (A rather silly song in 2016) may or may not have been sung on a train carrying Brighton supporters. People say they dont understand why, and the usual suspects come along and defend it as though outraged by the mere question.....and then showing shock at people being offended by it... when they havnt been.
Its been one of the most bizarre threads in a while.
why are you living in a fantasy world ? Because NOBODY has been outraged on this thread !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
careful,the self loathers hate that........thats prob dishing out a micro aggression in their book

Whats a self loather?

not only are people being told they are offended, when nobody has been, they are now self loathers?

haha
It gets better and better.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Best you keep away then , this is in a busy Dublin shopping area.

Yeah, I am not too worried by buskers, it would be a bit different if a group of lads started that up, upon hearing my Brit accent on a train carriage though.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
...and nobody has been particularly offended. So why are you all whinging about it?

psst I said... AS THOUGH outraged by it.
Pssst ! This is your reply to pastafarian, I've highlighted the relevant part

"
hahaha

Yeah, that will be it.
Ive not seen anybody on this thread offended by this song. There is however outrage, from the usual people (the permanently offended), that people would even question it.

Thats pretty funny as well. Keep being offended. Its fun to watch.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Is it any more 'outrage' than 'offended'?

The ONLY people who seem agitated by the thread are...?... yeah.. the permanently offended.
This entire thread is pretty silly. Thanks for the entertainment.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yeah, I am not too worried by buskers, it would be a bit different if a group of lads started that up, upon hearing my Brit accent on a train carriage though.
I doubt you are , I was making the point that anti British sentiment/songs are acceptable ,if nobody bats an eyelid at a busker singing a song including the words "f*ck your Union Jack" in a public place like that , they aren't going to be worried by pissed up blokes singing it on a train are they ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As Ive said from the beginning... If it was sung on a Brighton train, I wouldnt really give a toss, other than to wonder why the hell they would be singing it.
If it was sung with the intention of intimidating some Irish people on the train, and making them feel uncomfortable, then I think thats shit.
A fairly normal reaction I would think..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is it any more 'outrage' than 'offended'?

The ONLY people who seem agitated by the thread are...?... yeah.. the permanently offended.
This entire thread is pretty silly. Thanks for the entertainment.

outrage? agitated?
make your mind up dave.......it was offended earlier

There does seem to be a group of people on the thread who appear to be 'offended'. The permanently offended..

stick to the plan eh if you are going to invent this group in your head

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It was bound to be moved.

so, the permanently offended are not liking being called outraged, or permanently offended
Anybody who doesnt agree with them is.... Offended, Philbys', Self loathers, who apparently hate the working class despite being members of it, on a windup, high minded liberals, a foreigner (to somebody in NZ), go back to Ireland to the Irish OP if you dont like it, oh dear, you sensitive soul, and my favourite, bobble hats.
Classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here