Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A business idea...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Could you inflate it with a foot pump rather than fill it with water which would be heavy?

Two plates with a rubber 'balloon' inside, you put it on the rubbish and close the lid, start pumping and the bottom plate would lower crushing the rubbish below as the balloon inflates. Once it is to a decent level, you remove the stopper, release the air and bob is your fathers brother.

I do think some kind of air pressure is an option, probably better than water.

Not convinced this works as well as it says it does, anyone got it? I'm tempted to try it for research purposes.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
https://www.primrose.co.uk/trash-basher-wheelie-bin-compactor-p-7274.html

They seem quite hard to come by... sold out / discontinued ?? My money is on the latter!

Here's a great idea from the same website: https://www.primrose.co.uk/charcoal-basalt-gabion-stones-850kg-bulk-bag-p-95506.html?cPath=32_33

Simply place these on top of the rubbish in the bin, watch it compact before your eyes, then remove. 850kg of pure pressing FORCE.

I can't imagine we'll come up with a better solution, so invest whilst you can!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Affordable tattoo removal, there are legions of kids locally covered in ridiculous biro, in time all these inkings will look f****** stupid and they will require removal at the right price.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
So here’s a first idea...

My I present to the Dragons...

The ‘Depth Charge’....

This is a floating device that you put in your bath and as you fill it, it measures the distance between the water level and the bottom of the bath and sends an alert to your phone when the required amount of water has been achieved.

To expand on your idea - instead of sending an alert to your phone, simply send a message straight to the tap (or a 'stopcock' type of device fitted before the tap).
More gadgets (intelligent' taps or on/off valve) = more sales income and more profit?
You can also have the option of alerting a phone, in case you had forgotten that the bath was running, along the lines of "you can now enjoy settling back into 9 inches". :banana:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You can also have the option of alerting a phone, in case you had forgotten that the bath was running, along the lines of "you can now enjoy settling back into 9 inches". :banana:

We need to make sure it caters for those of us who enjoy relaxing in a deep bath with their partner, where the taps are in the middle.

I can't be the only one who loves sharing a 14 inch double ender?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I like it! I'll give you 25% of the money, for 95% of the company.

A cautionary tale
Circa 18 months ago, Mrs Fats was on a shift in A&E, and yours fatly was 'looking after' the children. At some point, I took the rubbish and recycling out, into the rain and loaded it into the correct wheelie bins. It turns out that Mrs Fats - or perhaps more likely, Fats Junior - had been out a few days previously and dumped some recycling into the bin. Some of you may recall, that both of these people apply no logic whatsoever to any aspect of their lives, so the bin was of course entirely full with unfolded, non-crushed cardboard. Not a problem for the Fat one. I simply climbed into the bin and started stamping it all down. A few moments later, I was exiting the bin when I slipped in the wet, and landed sideways on top of it. The one millimetre thick, rigid plastic smashed into the underside of my ribs, the other side of the bin meeting my leg. I flipped out of the bin and onto the concrete. I quickly jumped up, concerned that my neighbours might have seen this move. I fell down again. I grabbed a nearby car wing mirror (mine) and hauled myself to my feet. Took one step and fell again. My leg wasn't working. I also couldn't breathe properly. Something was definitely wrong.

I had to drag myself from the back and into the house... "Hi Jackie", I said cheerfully, to my confused and worried looking neighbour as I crawled by. I slumped into the lounge, and was immediately jumped on by an excited four-year old and a labrador. I screamed in pain and they screamed with joy and this game. After a few very difficult moments, I managed to get them off me and went and lay on the kitchen floor to recover. Five minutes later I was up and breathing with difficulty, checking out my injuries. My leg was working again and felt reassuringly solid, despite the strange colour. Something was not right with my ribs. I took two paracetamol, assuming this would fix everything in due course. It did not and I ended up tucking my metaphorical tail between my legs, and heading off to A&E. Where my little kids spent the waiting time telling everyone "Daddy fell in the bin" and laughing their stupid heads off.

After some scans and sage advice about jumping around in bins, I was given medical attention (consisting of ice FFS) and headed home with some stronger pain relief. That's a different story, because it turns out my body really doesn't like co-codamol, or whatever that poison is called. Always good to find that out on a packed train into London

In short, I endorse this bin crushing idea.

Been there, done that. I've a large commercial bin and every week or so take the step ladder and climb in, jumping up and down to squash the contents. Worst occasion the bin started trundling off down the road with me in it.
As for businesses, way way back in the Sinclair Spectrum days I wrote some software that stored details of fixtures, history etc for all the 1st Division clubs. Thoughts at the time were to write to all clubs for permission to have exclusive computer use of their data. Wish I had now.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
A place where you can buy stuff but not online. Like Amazon but in a building. We could call them "shops".

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
To expand on your idea - instead of sending an alert to your phone, simply send a message straight to the tap (or a 'stopcock' type of device fitted before the tap).
More gadgets (intelligent' taps or on/off valve) = more sales income and more profit?

That’s a fully integrated system. I was more thinking a cheap and easy to manufacture option...

.... So that it could be given away as a branded promotional gift (like phone chargers, etc).

I don’t think the cost of materials (battery, Bluetooth chip, distance sensor) would make the cost prohibitive.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The Saucepen. A pen shaped squeezy bottle of ketchup to jazz up mealtines. Doodle on your chips, write messages on your fishfingers, turn your burger into a big smiley face. The possibilities are endless.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
The Saucepen. A pen shaped squeezy bottle of ketchup to jazz up mealtines. Doodle on your chips, write messages on your fishfingers, turn your burger into a big smiley face. The possibilities are endless.

Like it!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012

How about it also automatically spells out who we are going to sing ?

The ‘source pen’!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here