Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A British Aid Worker Beheaded by ISIS

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
yeah, you watch em all out in their thousands protesting tomorrow , oh, wait a minute , it takes a poxy cartoon for that to happen.

Or an Oz t shirt! When I was out there in 2005, there were some serious beach wars between the locals and the Lebanese contingent. The Sydney Morning Herald reported this in graphic detail including the prominence of 2 T shirts openly worn by local Oz lads. One read " I grew here, you flew here". Very mild. The other was off the scale in terms of potential incitement (can't possibly post here but happy to pm you if you'd like). A few weeks later, the Danish cartoon fella was getting tons of grief yet the SMH quotation never got a sniff ( and was far more inflammatory). Tried to get hold of the really bad t shirt to bring back but they didn't have any in xxxxL!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You don't seem to have much of an historical perception of the Middle East - in particular Western 'interventions' and resistance by the local populations! This hasn't been going on just since our invasion of Iraq in 2003 and many Islamic fundamentalists will feel that they are continuing a war started by the first Crusade around 1,000 years ago!!

egg fookin' zactly ....avenge the crusades is what it's all about to the "charismatic mullahs" who are brainwashing these people , and i use the term brainwashing as , and i ask you , what on earth , in the 21st century , could make a person believe that they need to commit murder to gain approval of their god and gain entry to their version of heaven...?? W.T.F.F...!!!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
You don't seem to have much of an historical perception of the Middle East - in particular Western 'interventions' and resistance by the local populations! This hasn't been going on just since our invasion of Iraq in 2003 and many Islamic fundamentalists will feel that they are continuing a war started by the first Crusade around 1,000 years ago!!

First Norman I meet gets it.

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Millions of people all around the world protested against the war in Iraq in 2003 - but they didn't listen to us, all they could think about was economic gain. Atrocities like this was the inevitable result.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent people have already died, but when an innocent man like this - a good person, a Briton, a family man - dies as a result, it really hits home.

The evil of IS was spawned by our governments' genocidal & destructive actions in the Middle East. It's important to remember that all their future actions will be motivated by money too, don't let them convince you that further military action there is a good idea, it will just lead to more of this.

Mustafa. Are you for real. So it is America and the UK's fault that a small percentage of Muslims think it is ok to behave like medieval barbarians. Don't be silly.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Mustafa. Are you for real. So it is America and the UK's fault that a small percentage of Muslims think it is ok to behave like medieval barbarians. Don't be silly.
Yes of course. It's only a small percentage of muslims behaving badly. You keep believing that.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes of course. It's only a small percentage of muslims behaving badly. You keep believing that.

IS is believed to be a maximum of 30k in strength - there 1.6bn Muslims in the world. I'd call that a very small percentage. Around 0.002%.

If ten football supporters were arrested this weekend they would make a bigger percentage of match going supporters than 0.002% - would that make us all football hooligans ?

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
IS is believed to be a maximum of 30k in strength - there 1.6bn Muslims in the world. I'd call that a very small percentage. Around 0.002%.

What about Al Qaeda,Boko Haram,Al-Shabaab,Hamas,Taliban,PKK, Hezbollah etc etc?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What about Al Qaeda,Boko Haram,Al-Shabaab,Hamas,Taliban,PKK, Hezbollah etc etc?

Supply the figures for each group and do the maths - at the moment you've made a sweeping generalisation with nothing to back it up. By adding PKK to your list it shows you don't know what you're talking about - I'll give you a clue, while the West may have them listed as a terrorist organisation, they are not fighting for Muslim ideology. Indeed many of the PKK aren't actually Muslim.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Supply the figures for each group and do the maths - at the moment you've made a sweeping generalisation with nothing to back it up. By adding PKK to your list it shows you don't know what you're talking about - I'll give you a clue, while the West may have them listed as a terrorist organisation, they are not fighting for Muslim ideology. Indeed many of the PKK aren't actually Muslim.
Double.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
By adding PKK to the list and i don't know what i'm talking about :lolol:

The terrorist group who wants an independent state? It's you who is clueless.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
By adding PKK to the list and i don't know what i'm talking about :lolol:

The terrorist group who wants an independent state? It's you who is clueless.

Using that argument you might as well add Ukrainian rebels to the list - YOU mentioned misbehaving Muslims, there maybe some PKK that are Muslim but as you've just clearly pointed out, they are fighting for independence NOT to enforce Muslim ideologies.

So I re-iterate, it is a minute, miniscule percentage of Muslims that fall into you "misbehaving Muslims" group.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Using that argument you might as well add Ukrainian rebels to the list - YOU mentioned misbehaving Muslims, there maybe some PKK that are Muslim but as you've just clearly pointed out, they are fighting for independence NOT to enforce Muslim ideologies.

So I re-iterate, it is a minute, miniscule percentage of Muslims that fall into you "misbehaving Muslims" group.

Isn't that land grabbing what the PKK are trying to do within Turkey? You know all about land grabbing i reckon. If i'm not mistaken They(PKK/Kurds) are Sunni muslims?

Think you need to read up on some of the atrocities the PKK have carried out in Turkey abet on a small scale.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Isn't that land grabbing what the PKK are trying to do within Turkey? You know all about land grabbing i reckon. If i'm not mistaken They(PKK/Kurds) are Sunni muslims?

Think you need to read up on some of the atrocities the PKK have carried out in Turkey abet on a small scale.

I'm not claiming to be an expert but aren't they merely trying to establish a kurdish state in traditional kurdish territory. It is based on ethnicity rather than religion!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Explain why it's relevant. I'm struggling.
It may, or may not, be relevant, but it should be noted.

The Islamic faith very often treats women in an awful way. The woman in this case may have come under pressure of varying kinds to convert to her former partners religion, it seems quite telling that once they parted she chose to rescind Islam.

Her ex-partner may have taken this as a personal insult of a very serious nature, some members of the Islamic faith take offence very easily (cartoons, books etc). He then commits one heinous crime, then kills himself to avenge this slight.

All of this could be completely wrong, but I do not believe it is advisable to ignore what religion can encourage people to do. Anyway, I am going to back away from this particular incident as there are people who may know those concerned and also use NSC, and their feelings are far more important than my opinions.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

No, but it IS America and the UK's fault that these people have thousands of angry disaffected Muslims to recruit and a massive power vacuum to operate in.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Too right, bought a Kit Kat this morning from my local newsagent and he charged me SEVENTY FIVE pence, whereas they're only 65 in Tesco. Before you know it that extra ten pence will be winging it's way over to the Middle East to fund a Scud missile or train 20 Jihadists for a week. I was so angry I stuck my foot through my TV and sent Ken Bruce the bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here