Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£90 for a Nikefootball shirt

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder how much of the £90 the 8 year old which made the shirt gets?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I shall order 27 immediately

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Such a joke to be charged this amount, stan collymore is doing a great part on talksport. He is so angry about it. Making a good show.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The discounts have already started! The players spec one is still £90 though, not that there is much point having a players spec shirt, if it hasn't been worn by a player.

If you want a nicely tailored footy shirt to fit your timbre and moobs then purchasing the Rooney spec shirt will be £90 well spent surely?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
My favourite bit in the BBC article is where the bloke argues that there should be a 'best before' date on the kits so that fans can make a choice based on whether it will be around long. Is anyone seriously thick enough not to realise that as soon as the next tournament starts there will be a new shirt? Deserve to get ripped off if they don't! Also someone moaning about how expensive it would be to buy shirts for multiple kids - seriously, does anyone really think it's necessary to kit your entire family out in up to date replica England shirts? Again, deserve to get ripped off through the roof.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My favourite bit in the BBC article is where the bloke argues that there should be a 'best before' date on the kits so that fans can make a choice based on whether it will be around long. Is anyone seriously thick enough not to realise that as soon as the next tournament starts there will be a new shirt? Deserve to get ripped off if they don't! Also someone moaning about how expensive it would be to buy shirts for multiple kids - seriously, does anyone really think it's necessary to kit your entire family out in up to date replica England shirts? Again, deserve to get ripped off through the roof.

Think England change their kit every two years anyway, have done so for years.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Think England change their kit every two years anyway, have done so for years.

If only. Here is a list of the most recent one year wonders;

88-89
93-94
95-96
09-10
12-13
13-14 (the first Nike one)

But then you had:
74-80 (6 years)
80-83 (3 years)
84-87 (3 years)

The others have all been for 2 years.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Such a joke to be charged this amount, stan collymore is doing a great part on talksport. He is so angry about it. Making a good show.

What, he's spent an entire section of his show moaning about the fact that a standard replica shirt will cost pretty much exactly the same as it usually does?

Seems a fairly crap argument to have on a radio show.

Oh, you mean this £90 myth that all the tabloids seem to be peddling. My bad. Well, Stan's.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
What, he's spent an entire section of his show moaning about the fact that a standard replica shirt will cost pretty much exactly the same as it usually does?

Seems a fairly crap argument to have on a radio show.

Oh, you mean this £90 myth that all the tabloids seem to be peddling. My bad. Well, Stan's.

It was about the cost and how they could have 2 different shirts, was very interesting. If you can get the show from last night it is worth listening too.

But I was saying to my friend the other day that some teams, for example man utd already have this out there.

It was just interesting to listen to and I'm just shocked they can sell it for that much. I will be buying one when it comes down ALOT.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
It was about the cost and how they could have 2 different shirts, was very interesting. If you can get the show from last night it is worth listening too.

But I was saying to my friend the other day that some teams, for example man utd already have this out there.

It was just interesting to listen to and I'm just shocked they can sell it for that much. I will be buying one when it comes down ALOT.

It's always been the same, nothing has changed only they've made it easier for people to buy the shirts the players wear. Look at American sports and you will see about 3 types of "Jersey" $60 $90 and $130

Nike are just cashing in on the people that want the authentic jerseys, mainly collectors. You won't see the £90 in sports direct

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just some food for thought.

If you go into town looking for a Hugo Boss shirt, how much will that cost?

Why isn't that in the news?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here