Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£90 for a Nikefootball shirt

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Generally prior to previous tournaments Sports Direct have flogged the latest England shirts at £20/£25 and they've sold by the bucketload.

The new kit is a fantastic design combining cutting edge technology with the heritage of England shirts but £90 is just too much.

Do bear in mind the fans replica version is £60, those buying the £90 version will be more of a collector type of person as visually there will be very little to distinguish it from the replica.

Still too much though.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Generally prior to previous tournaments Sports Direct have flogged the latest England shirts at £20/£25 and they've sold by the bucketload.

The new kit is a fantastic design combining cutting edge technology with the heritage of England shirts but £90 is just too much.

It's also all white, so we can pretend that we are real madrid.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Do bear in mind the fans replica version is £60, those buying the £90 version will be more of a collector type of person as visually there will be very little to distinguish it from the replica.

Still too much though.

I didn't realise that, in which case I take it all back.

Just pre-ordered mine for the £60.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've got a £20 sportsdirect voucher sat at home, so I'll ponder buying the away shirt if it falls to £30 before the start of the tournament.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
On the basis that Albion have secured an up front payment from Nike that is greater than the competition (ie well in excess of £0.5m), Albion will be paying Nike back at a rate of around £30 a shirt, perhaps more. Albion will look to get a profit of £30 a shirt, so I reckon they'll be priced at around the £60 mark or perhaps a fiver less. Change the shirt each season? Well, don't be surprised. Bit of yellow here, bit of tinkering there. You know it makes commercial sense.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
It's the whole kit that's going to cost £90...Still a rip off though

Sadly not, it's just the shirt (player specification shirt) for £90. £60 gets you the regular fans replica. Bargain. :nono:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
No, the replica kit is not £90. The "Authentic" version, as in the equivalent of Adidas 'Formotion' player issue shirts, are £90, and they usually are around that price.

The replica is £60 on the Nike site, as they're always more expensive direct from the manufacturer for some reason. It'll be £45 before the World Cup in Sports Direct.

You'd still be a mug to actually buy it, mind.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
No one should spend 90 on ANY football shirt. Not even worth 50! I'm sure the price will drop.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
People realise that they don't HAVE to buy this shirt right?

You could just buy the current one for a tenner when Sports Direct reduce it like they always do....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh has he? I wasn't aware of that. Don't tend to listen to much that guy says!

Maybe it's because we are having a bespoke kit or maybe its just because it's Nike.

If £90 is anywhere near the price of the new shirt then their strap line of "Just Do It" can do one because I certainly wont be "Doing It"!

'Just Do One' :D

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
30 quid is more than enough for a shirt. I bet they cost no more than 8 quid at the factory gate.

Even that would be a rip off ( the shirt costs including material, shipping etc can't be more than a tenner ).
You chaps are way off the mark.
If they are £1 each, someones getting ripped off.

The quantity being produced, the speed they can be knock up in, the amount of time available, each shirt will be a few pence to make and export, esp the £60 ones.

I had 20 bespoke cycling caps made and flown over from Hong Kong cheaper than what you're quoting Westdene.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
£70 to purchase a kit for a kid, but come Sunday morning when they play a match they have to play on a pitch that doesn't get cut, doesn't have any holes filled and is covered in dog s h i t.

Football eh!? :tosser:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You chaps are way off the mark.
If they are £1 each, someones getting ripped off.

The quantity being produced, the speed they can be knock up in, the amount of time available, each shirt will be a few pence to make and export, esp the £60 ones.

I had 20 bespoke cycling caps made and flown over from Hong Kong cheaper than what you're quoting Westdene.

I was being VERY conservative just to prevent the "you're talking a load of bull" type response.

I have a friend ( ex-Purchasing Director of BHS ) who now lives in India for six months buying stock for her shop in Ibiza. Each item costs pennies and she then sells them for around £20-£30 so I'm well aware of the cost of these types of goods when purchased from "overseas".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here