Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 9/11 - BBC1 doc just started

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
FWIW - On 10th Sept I was in WTC1 for a meeting around 3pm. A massive storm blew in - lightning, thunder, rain obscured the windows. After the meeting, down to the PATH station and off home. Next day, I flew to Chicago on American Airlines around 730am. Was a very long and muddled day resulting in finally exiting the aircraft in Chicago around Noon and driving the 800 miles home with 3 strangers (coincidentally passing close to Schwenksville on the way). I was the final driver and got home around 2am. The next day, I got a call from the FBI as one of the hijackers had booked his one-way F class ticket using one of our online booking tools. Looking back in the logs, 3 of them had actually booked a few weeks earlier for a dry run.

RIP to all of the poor souls but mostly Robert Eaton (Ricky Marlows Hair Piece). Gone but never forgotten.

So they missed them many times being on the no fly list.

Ffs.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Watched tonight. Powerful and revealing, from those tasked with leading the US through an extraordinary moment in history. Along with other commemorative programmes being shown as this important anniversary nears, the footage shown still delivers the same shocking, sickening disbelief we all felt as the horror unfolded. Essential if not disturbing viewing. Lest we forget, our own Robert Eaton included obviously.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Watched tonight. Powerful and revealing, from those tasked with leading the US through an extraordinary moment in history. Along with other commemorative programmes being shown as this important anniversary nears, the footage shown still delivers the same shocking, sickening disbelief we all felt as the horror unfolded. Essential if not disturbing viewing. Lest we forget, our own Robert Eaton included obviously.

Totally agree. Just watched it now. Completely compelling.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I watched this BBC doc the other night. Fascinating to see the inside track of what was going on in the US administration during those harrowing events, seeing it all documented.

National Geographic is currently airing "9/11: One Day in America". I've just watched the first of 6 episodes of the events of that day, and I can honestly say, I've never seen anything like it. Footage I've never seen before, with interviews from firemen and survivors interlaced with truly devastating footage. It had me welling up.

A warning though - it spares you nothing. Most of this you will never have seen on the news. The dreadful reality of that day is laid bare, primarily through the eyes of those heroic firemen. Amongst the carnage, you can only be left dumbstruck at their bravery. You know you are watching ghosts, its deeply affecting.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Currently watching the Netflix documentary, Turning Point: 9/11 And The War On Terror. It’s very good. Traces the roots of Al Qeada and The Taliban back to Afghanistan through 9/11 and the subsequent war on terror.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was working for a life assurance company at the time this unfolded, and was watching it all on a TV in the meeting room next to my office in the roof. The only other guy there was one of the actuaries who happened to spend a lot of time in New York... His phone was going off every couple of minutes as people texted him to make sure he was okay.

I remember the atmosphere at the cup match against Southampton the next day being really weird too.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Dont like the way he was smirking when talking about the events.

Wonder what a body language expert would make of that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dont like the way he was smirking when talking about the events.

Wonder what a body language expert would make of that.

I am not sure he was smirking, I just think that is his look!

How anyone could have operated under that amount of pressure was fascinating, especially when he was insistent on going back to Washington when the threat was still there.

I changed my mind about him following that programme.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I am not sure he was smirking, I just think that is his look!

How anyone could have operated under that amount of pressure was fascinating, especially when he was insistent on going back to Washington when the threat was still there.

I changed my mind about him following that programme.
Nah.

He knew more than meets the eye.

Those terrorist was on a watch list. That's how he knew within a few hours, it was Bin Laden.

How did they slip through the net?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I remember the atmosphere at the cup match against Southampton the next day being really weird too.

It was the same day.
I remember driving down, not knowing if it would go ahead.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
What's your opinion on the collapse of the towers?
I think they collapse with out any resistance beneath them.

If they came down as the official report suggested, then the towers would not have come down in free fall speed. It would take a second for each floor to fall on the the other, creating the pancake effect. Also there would be evidence of the pancake theory.

100 floors X 1 second = 100 seconds (1 minute 40secs for towers to collapse). They came down in 10 seconds.

I find it strange how the steal was shipped to China from site without any forensic test being made, which would have told us a hell of a lot more.

I am no conspiracy theorist, but 9/11 left more questions than answers, and they didn't even talk about WT7 building (Control Center) that came down with out being hit and just a small area of fire.

There has only ever been 3 steel framed buildings to ever collapse due to fire.

They all fell on 9/11.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I remember the 'Plane hits Trade Center' headline conjuring up images of a light aircraft hitting a New York skyscraper. Boy did that escalate...

All the major news websites went down. These days the Net would probably buckle due to all the social media posts. Imagine all the additional BS/speculation.

Watching "102 Minutes That Changed America" (mostly camcorder footage) it occured to me that thousands of New Yorkers would have stood around filming the incident on their smart phones, probably costing more lives.

Would have probably got grim footage from the planes too...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m sorry, but I get really angry with people (and they exist on here) that continually point the finger of blame at America, America’s administration and Americans, questioning and challenging things they have no idea or basis to, as opposed to correctly stating everything relating to the monumental tragedy was caused by the sociopathic Arabic fanatics who murdered 3,000 innocents. Stop snipping and conspiring, it’s still extremely raw and if you must air your deranged opinions, don’t do it on a message board which lost a member in the Tower that many of us remember and indeed have visited Ground Zero to pay our respects to.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I’m sorry, but I get really angry with people (and they exist on here) that continually point the finger of blame at America, America’s administration and Americans, questioning and challenging things they have no idea or basis to, as opposed to correctly stating everything relating to the monumental tragedy was caused by the sociopathic Arabic fanatics who murdered 3,000 innocents. Stop snipping and conspiring, it’s still extremely raw and if you must air your deranged opinions, don’t do it on a message board which lost a member in the Tower that many of us remember and indeed have visited Ground Zero to pay our respects to.
I've been myself twice. It don't change that there was more questions than answers after the enquiry.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, and I'm not saying that's it was an inside job, I'm saying if you really look in to it, there are a lot of holes in the official enquiry and more questions than answers

It's not like any government ever lie to their people. Oh.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
There is a 5 part series on Netflix about 9/11 called Turning point.

Part 4 is very interesting and sheds the light on the White House using illigal tactics to snoop on people's phone calls and emails and even enter your house and take stuff and don't need any paper work or explanation.

Bush sent White House officials to a justice minister who was in ICU to get him to sign a paper to continue their illegal tactics, which he told them to get out and leave him alone and he won't sign the paper.

Very interesting watch and I learnt a lot that I didn't know about.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Questions of causation are justified and the series on Netflicks is very good, no conspiracies. It does show how bad the joined up thinking was and that ego's (something Americans have in abundance) got in the way of stopping the terrorists. There was without doubt major failings in the administration.

Also the making of Bin Laden

https://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/30/world/osama-bin-laden-fast-facts/index.html

The west help build the monster. These are undisputed facts.

There's been so much written and spoken about the events leading up to and on the day much best left alone to the idiots in twisted minds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here