Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 8pm Boxing Day KO Is An Utter Disgrace And Kick In Teeth To Proper Fans

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It IS a ridiculous time, but… we are a Premier League club, which is a privilege, including the Sky millions, so be grateful for it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Why is it a kick in the teeth to "proper" fans - surely the ridiculous kick off times are wrong for all fans?

Bet there are a few fans who couldn`t go if game at 3pm and 8pm kick off suits them. massive minority but there will def be a few.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It IS a ridiculous time, but… we are a Premier League club, which is a privilege, including the Sky millions, so be grateful for it…

And we are privileged to be paying £40 to go to a wet cold Amex at 8pm... getting home around 11pm ??

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I don't think there will be as many empty seats as people predict I think there will be a lot more

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Sadly my four tickets would have have been used by a family interested in football with no really teams yet. Two young boys 8 and 6 who love football, parents not massively interested. I am sure sky would rather the seats full. Also over the years I have given the tickets to many people. Six of them r now season ticket holdes themselves, don't think they would have been if they had had to pay, sort organise tickets years ago. It's not people r unable, however until u start getting the bug they will not commit time and money. On top of this alot of the people I have given tickets too have then gone again,getting me to sort tickets for them, spending money in the club shop and in the concourses.

Its not I think the club r wrong for charging in principle, however I don't think it's a clever idea business wise. The ticket is paid for, so for the club it's a no loose situation if new people have the tickets, maybe they get hooked. If thousands over the year (many different season ticket holders) get free tickets then some will become season tickets, some will go on to buy tickets on an occasional basis, lots of money spent in the club shop and concourses and the Amex looks full for sky. It's the ripple effect.

Before anyone says about club having control over who comes in, then again like bottle tops we r pandering for the idiots. I am would be well aware if I give my ticket to a idiot who does not behave then I will lose my ticket etc. It's on me, I would not give my ticket to a pillock!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And we are privileged to be paying £40 to go to a wet cold Amex at 8pm... getting home around 11pm ??

Given a choice of that, or sitting out in the rain in my poncho at Withdean at 7.45 ???

And I'm pretty sure it's costing me under £30

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
8864FFA1-136A-4622-8564-C9DAC36CB2C9.jpeg

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Sadly my four tickets would have have been used by a family interested in football with no really teams yet. Two young boys 8 and 6 who love football, parents not massively interested. I am sure sky would rather the seats full. Also over the years I have given the tickets to many people. Six of them r now season ticket holdes themselves, don't think they would have been if they had had to pay, sort organise tickets years ago. It's not people r unable, however until u start getting the bug they will not commit time and money. On top of this alot of the people I have given tickets too have then gone again,getting me to sort tickets for them, spending money in the club shop and in the concourses.

Its not I think the club r wrong for charging in principle, however I don't think it's a clever idea business wise. The ticket is paid for, so for the club it's a no loose situation if new people have the tickets, maybe they get hooked. If thousands over the year (many different season ticket holders) get free tickets then some will become season tickets, some will go on to buy tickets on an occasional basis, lots of money spent in the club shop and concourses and the Amex looks full for sky. It's the ripple effect.

Before anyone says about club having control over who comes in, then again like bottle tops we r pandering for the idiots. I am would be well aware if I give my ticket to a idiot who does not behave then I will lose my ticket etc. It's on me, I would not give my ticket to a pillock!!

I think this is spot on, the club need to realise we are a small club and need new fans. Allowing committed supporters to share their season ticket I can only imagine has a positive effect on future club revenues. The Goldstone/Withdean era decimated our youth fan base and it’s only just now started to pick up slowly.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Thats the point I thought you were trying to get at originally.

We need to be on tv just under a third of the time before that £1m a game is triggered. Do you think if Saturday 3pm K.O were allowed to be broadcasted it would help? for instance perhaps they wouldn't need a Saturday 12.30 K.O. or the extra time slot would mean the £1m triggered faster and perhaps your idea could then be pushed? After all no one moans at a 3pm Saturday K.O time, its what we all want.
Would you go to a show concert cinema or a meal out at 8pm with hardly any transport options ?

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Would you go to a show concert cinema or a meal out at 8pm with hardly any transport options ?

U have to compare like for like, so if I have a season ticket to see 19 differnet films in a year, and one was at a time date I found unappealing then yes I would not go.

I would also add that if there were a few films at times I did not find adaptable then I don't think I would get a film season ticket the following year!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hard to believe but I used to walk from Marble Arch to St Johns Wood and back once a week just to watch Monty Python’s half hour show as I didn’t have a tv but a mate did. I did this without having a phone on me too :ohmy:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

I have a season ticket, but sadly I am not going tonight. I am just going to watch it on tv. I get that this isn't about me as a match attending fan, and I am lucky enough to turn myself into that fan who watches from home instead. I loose over £30 because of it, but I also get that the club doesn't care that i loose that £30.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I am also appalled at the timing of this match as it clashes with Carry on up the Khyber (ITV 3) / Dirty Dancing (Ch5)

#fuming

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Got an email this morning saying I had been randomly selected to have my Covid certification checked before tonight’s game……..they deactivated my ticket and I have to report to ticket window 9/10 to show certification before they will reactivate it…….
UN F**KING BELIEVEABLE !!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Got an email this morning saying I had been randomly selected to have my Covid certification checked before tonight’s game……..they deactivated my ticket and I have to report to ticket window 9/10 to show certification before they will reactivate it…….

Why don’t you believe it? (I suppose you could also say that other gem “couldn’t make it up”)

Isn’t that what random testing is?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Does it roll over if you don’t go tonight?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Although you appear to be one of the unlucky ones tonight, l guess for us STH's if these Covid checks go on for long enough, we will all be selected at some point in the future. It just adds a few more minutes to the entry process that's all. Not massively inconvenient surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here