Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I found this website for the victims and a page devoted to Robert Eaton.

9-11 Victim Memorial: Robert D. Eaton

I went to Ground Zero a couple of years ago and looked out his name on the wall. I was really moved by it to be honest, more so than I thought I would be.

I didn't know Robert but we went to the same school. He'd be about 2-3 years older than me.

RIP Robert and all the others.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The reason why it was so shoking was becaue it was the first kind of thing that ever happend in America. It wasn't like us who were bombed to bits in the war, or bombed by the IRA.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The day that the US realised that terrorism didn't just affect other people. Not a nice way to find out though. I was duty SNCO in a Security Cell that day, and it was manic, didn't stop for about 3 days with false reports, etc. The Yanks were all over the shop with their end, they had no idea of how to react, initially they wanted to nuke everyone that they thought might be involved! Fair play to them though, they did finally understand what it was like to face what could have turned out to be an extended bombing campaign on their own soil, and they were not quite as keen to tell us about their Irish ancestry.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Also spare a thought for possibly thousands more who will die as a result of inhaling asbestos on the day. :(

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
RIP Robert Eaton

I was flying all day and I might have missed someone else remembering our fallen brother. Apologies if this is redundant.

On the flight I watched the 9/11 coverage from New York on the LiveTV on Delta. I waited until his name was read and then switched off.

We moan and groan about bad refs, bad luck, dropping points. Let us not lose the perspective of one of us destined never to sit at Falmer.

On this day, let us not forget Ricky Marlowes Hairpiece.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
8 years have flown by. Still seems like it only happened 3 or 4 years ago.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
If you have been to Ground Zero and seen the list of names of those who died it puts everthing else into perspective. RIP Robert.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here