Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8 managers tapped up by the Telegraph

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
keep selling papers for the rest of the week, then the big story at the weekend.

Website was very slow too. But to be honest they probably haven't got enough evidence either. Big Sam was different they got him on camera, everything else is hearsay.

Football needs a simple change. Players pay the agents. Why on earth are managers involved ? Clubs are treating agents like staff agencies.

What's remarkable about this is that The Premier League is in a position to make any f***** rule it wants.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't see any chance of CH being involved - but there are loads that you can imaging being on the list - loads!

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Football agent Dax Price, must be the same one who grew up in Hangleton in the 70s/80s, I remember him being a bellend then, nothings changed it seems.

Was a few years above me when I started at Blatch Mill in 85. I seem to recall he was a boxer. Assuming it's the same fella, can't be too many blokes called Dax Price knocking about.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
what a load of shyte........why don't they have a go at politicians and property developers.......shyte mongering by the telegraph in my opinion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The first thing probably needed is complete transparency regarding transfer fees and payments to agents, although you wouldn't extend that to wages.

An extension to the current regs in place.

But really, agents should be employed and paid by players. Clubs should NOT be paying agents. It's just too murky as Brighton found out last year with that fine.

I

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And what can possibly go wrong with naming people you you think did wrong on a public forum?

Nothing. My sentence has no context. There are jolly good managers in the milieu. Here are some of them. :shrug:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It could really be anybody, it seems to me that there is a lot of greed and ego in football, players and managers alike think they are in an untouchable bubble.

Last edited:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The first thing probably needed is complete transparency regarding transfer fees and payments to agents, although you wouldn't extend that to wages.
We don't seem to be very transparent at the moment with "undisclosed fees" paid for pretty much all of our signings over the last few years! ???
I know the agents fees are listed in the clubs accounts though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've already said that English football, in the eyes of the footballing , is a laughing stock.
Why cannot the FA get its house in order and stamp down on these conning *******s.
It all seems nice and starry eyed behind the ivory towers of Wembley, where everything looks prim and proper.
Its a joke, sort it out before we further lose any more credability :tantrum:

Because the FA are hamstrung by the premier league. Powerless when it comes to large parts of our game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are they only saying ex premier league or do they go back further to Div 1 and the days of Clough Revie Graham etc.not suggesting those 3 just using their names to establish an era.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Manager 8

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.

Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch, Paddy Kenny... players signed again and again by the same boss

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ayers-signed-again-and-again-by-the-same-boss.

If it ain't broke (till now) don't fix it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've already said that English football, in the eyes of the footballing , is a laughing stock.
Why cannot the FA get its house in order and stamp down on these conning *******s.
It all seems nice and starry eyed behind the ivory towers of Wembley, where everything looks prim and proper.

Really?

The Telegraph are part of the British press so they are going to focus on our game. Do you genuinely believe that this corruption is limited to England? I bet there are overseas leagues where corruption is considerably worse and where there is no appetite on the governing bodies in those countries to take action against it.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

The FA is just like FIFA, UEFA and the IOC. When there is corruption from within, you cannot cure the problems without. Does anyone actually believe that the FA is whiter than white? The scandal of new Wembley has left a stain on the game for years to come and left certain FA officials with a lot of money in their bank accounts.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I can't see how the Telegraph can get away with not naming the managers now. The whole thing is too big to be brushed under the carpet and assuming that Pearson is one of the culprits, the precedent has been set.

They will...one by one....in a long, drawn out saga. There is so much mileage in this for them, that they will be licking their lips at increased publicity/sales for weeks to come. As a poster said, the weekend will probably see the first name, which will be a taster. Not a really big name. The Telegraph will want to guage reaction first and leave the public gagging for more.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
think all of them bar 1 or 2, as the list says ex-premiership manager. some suggestions are fanciful, likes of Fergie or Mourhino earn so much wouldnt be worth the hassle of a few grand.

I can see that.
If you were on £3m a year, why on earth would you want to be grubbing around for smaller sums of money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here