Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6k away tickets at MK Dons £12 adults £1 U18s

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think you need to ban yourself Bozza. That lot tried to take the Albion there. Now that would have made York City, BISA and the rest irrelevant. We didnt do all that to accept what happened to Wimbledon. Live and let live my arse, this club should be boycotted and we shouldnt do any business with them. JFC shouldnt be there with our history. Anyone who pays them their turnstile money should look at themselves. I still have not forgiven myself for going, only excuse I had was wanting to see a great friend who lives in MK.

So you have paid to go in Stadium MK to see a great friend, but you are telling BHA fans to look at themselves if they pay money to see our great football team play for £12.
Oh ok mate ???

Do you remember a FA Cup match a few seasons back, MK Dons V AFC Wimbledon?
Not sure exactly how many AFC fans attended , but I would guess 3- 4 K, if it was good enough for them to attend a match there it's good enough for me. Enough said.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Good debates and I have decided to go, despite being stuck in a 4 hour traffic jam trying to get the Foo Fighters at the MK bowl in September as the council could not organise a big event. I said I would never set foot in that carbuncle of a city ever again ? So after that, why have I just brought tickets ? Is it because they are £12?, no it's because I like watching my team in a glorious season. Hypocritical? You bet.

JFC

Feb 17, 2016
That really sums Milton Keynes up to a tee.
I lived there from 1998 to 2014 and I found the experience a disaster. The residents were like zombies, no emotions, no character and no idea about life. Sports wise, they appeared to roam around the shopping centre in their Chelsea/Arsenal/Manure and Liverpool shirts. Many were fans of american football and ice hockey need I say more.
As for the soccerball team, and I make no apology for that phrase, they should by rights have risen correctly up the league pyramid prior to being in the Football League. Franchise by name, franchise by nature it seems.
As for their new soulless stadium, which incidentally is the coldest in the league, even in April, I was once advised by a third party close to the Council that the funding was questionable. I was also told that the chairman, despite having the appearance of an old hobo, was a millionaire, albeit his limited wealth could not have procured it's construction etc. Draw your own conclusions.
So out of principle I will not be returning to put £12 into the MK Don's pockets, however cheap the tickets are on the day, neither will I ever return to that non descript town in the middle of nowhere which even had the temerity to call itself a city !
I even told the Chief Exec of Milton Keynes Council in no uncertain terms. Shortly afterwards the road signs were removed. Plastic town for plastic people. They deserve each other.
Strangely enough, MK is teeming with BHA fans, albeit many have dropped away from attending since the early 2000's.

Of all the daft comments on here, this is the clear winner of the man who has lost his marbles, MK was so bad you spent 16 years here.:facepalm:

The details of the stadium build is widely known so I'm not sure what you are insinuating? The money came from the land sales around the ground with clear caveats from the council on ensuring its completion.

I also don't believe your road sign tale, they have never made remarks to 'City', it's always been Central Milton Keynes. Locals refer to it unofficially as 'the City', perhaps that's what confused you.

How have they also proved the stadium is the coldest in the league? :)

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I cannot do anything but plead guilty. I have some mitigation to out forward in the hope of a reduced sentence but you are absolutely right, I am guilty as charged. I shouldn't have gone and never would again. That "club" should be frozen out and we really shouldnt even dream of doing business with them.

Would you wish we forfitted the game and suffer the points deduction?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Of all the daft comments on here, this is the clear winner of the man who has lost his marbles, MK was so bad you spent 16 years here.:facepalm:

The details of the stadium build is widely known so I'm not sure what you are insinuating? The money came from the land sales around the ground with clear caveats from the council on ensuring its completion.

I also don't believe your road sign tale, they have never made remarks to 'City', it's always been Central Milton Keynes. Locals refer to it unofficially as 'the City', perhaps that's what confused you.

How have they also proved the stadium is the coldest in the league? :)

You're not disputing the wandering round shopping centres in Chelsea and Man U shirts bit though are you? :lolol:

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
I can't stand the Franchise owner and overlord Pete Winkelman. His phoney club and de facto fans can go and 'do one'. However I do have a degree of sympathy for him.....

Last year he was presented with what must be the naffest award in the history of mankind - The Freedom of the City of Milton Keynes. Whether he has the right to graze cows once a year on one of the roundabouts, I've no idea and really don't care. Having the freedom of Milton Keynes though? You would have to be really heartless to have no small degree of sympathy for him.

It Isn't a CITY !
It's a jumped up town if you can call it that.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Sorry JFC or rather JCL since you appeared to have conveniently joined this month whilst I have been watching BHA since 1969 !The details of the stadium build was subject to a judicial review which was conveniently by-passed by MKC on spurious grounds. I won't go into details about the apparent terms of the land 'purchase'.
If you ever lived in MK, you would have been greeted by 'welcome to the city of milton keynes' on the outskirts.
These curiously disappeared in 2013/14.
Believe me, the stadium IS cold without taking any official readings. You can just tell. Perhaps you might like to visit one day.
Enjoy JFC. or whatever you call yourself.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I

Support your own team.

Think you need to change your username :)
See the second part of post # 203 if you don't understand

Ha - been to plenty of away days matey including today - how was it on sky?

Do what yer like but I won't be bought off for a few quid saving. I hope you enjoy it - MK an improvement on Newhaven I guess!😁

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
That really sums Milton Keynes up to a tee.
I lived there from 1998 to 2014 and I found the experience a disaster. The residents were like zombies, no emotions, no character and no idea about life. Sports wise, they appeared to roam around the shopping centre in their Chelsea/Arsenal/Manure and Liverpool shirts. Many were fans of american football and ice hockey need I say more.
As for the soccerball team, and I make no apology for that phrase, they should by rights have risen correctly up the league pyramid prior to being in the Football League. Franchise by name, franchise by nature it seems.
As for their new soulless stadium, which incidentally is the coldest in the league, even in April, I was once advised by a third party close to the Council that the funding was questionable. I was also told that the chairman, despite having the appearance of an old hobo, was a millionaire, albeit his limited wealth could not have procured it's construction etc. Draw your own conclusions.
So out of principle I will not be returning to put £12 into the MK Don's pockets, however cheap the tickets are on the day, neither will I ever return to that non descript town in the middle of nowhere which even had the temerity to call itself a city !
I even told the Chief Exec of Milton Keynes Council in no uncertain terms. Shortly afterwards the road signs were removed. Plastic town for plastic people. They deserve each other.
Strangely enough, MK is teeming with BHA fans, albeit many have dropped away from attending since the early 2000's.

#uareaTWAT

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
#uareaTWAT

Really, i think the poster having lived there for 16 years and i know that he has traveled down/away and supported the Albion for those years, and years before has a right to his opinion. The fact that he had lived in MK for 16 years might give a clue to his opinion and feelings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here