Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6k away tickets at MK Dons £12 adults £1 U18s

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Inclined to agree, the area need a team. What happened was tragic and should never happen again but need to move on. I usually bring a flask of coffee and penguin!!

The 'area' had a team - Milton Keynes City. The locals didn't appear to support them, so was there a 'need'?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The 'area' had a team - Milton Keynes City. The locals didn't appear to support them, so was there a 'need'?

Don't forget that Northampton and Luton aren't exactly a long way away and probably suffered along with the Wimbledon fans but less in the public eye. Look at Luton's journey in that same timescale.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Just think surely the most important thing is to go, turn up in numbers and support the Albion to get 3 important points. But that's just my opinion

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
‏@JustinBlundell1
Hate Mk Dons but £12 a ticket and £1 for U18 with a massive allocation and going for promotion lets take #6ktoMK #BHAFC

good hashtag - #6ktoMK

PG

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Me and some non ST holders want to go to this....but waiting till general sale so we can guarantee we all get the tickets.

Assuming, with a 6k allocation, we should be ok!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I can't stand the Franchise owner and overlord Pete Winkelman. His phoney club and de facto fans can go and 'do one'. However I do have a degree of sympathy for him.....

Last year he was presented with what must be the naffest award in the history of mankind - The Freedom of the City of Milton Keynes. Whether he has the right to graze cows once a year on one of the roundabouts, I've no idea and really don't care. Having the freedom of Milton Keynes though? You would have to be really heartless to have no small degree of sympathy for him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What happened at MK is wrong, but at the end of the day I'm an Albion fan.

The idea of refusing to support my team because of what happened sits far worse with me than the dismise of Wimbledon.

I'm going and think we should fill the away end and support our team rather than get on our high horse about what has happened in MK history.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Trying to find a train route from the coast under three hours but with engineering works its lookin impossible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Trying to find a train route from the coast under three hours but with engineering works its lookin impossible.

Drive to Gatwick or Redhill if possible. You then have one change at East Croydon.

Gatwick 11:07 (or a slower connecting train from Redhill 10:51) gets to MK at 13:00. You can actually do it a bit quicker if you can be bothered with the tube, but personally I'd rather sit on the train.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
My sister in law lived between Northampton and Milton Keynes for a while and whenever we went up there for a weekend she dragged us shopping - because that's all there is to do. Honestly I think I'd rather live in Grimsby or Stoke, at least they've got character. Plastic shithole of a town that looks like it was designed by being thrown up by somewhere fairly grim in the Mid West that survived thanks to its WalMart and garish, strip lit bars. Then some c:censored:t added some roundabouts for a laugh. The plasticness extends right down to their crappy ground full of Spurs supporting Tobys who only know songs to the tune of Sloop John B.

You'd find more historic charm and character in Perth, Australia and better restaurants in Khartoom. Ghastly place. And Bletchley is its arse end

Actually Milton Keynes has a number of historical sites. It incorporates the old coaching town of Stony Stratford (rich in traditional pubs by the way), the Victorian railway town of Wolverton and numerous villages dating back to Roman, Anglo-Saxon and medieval times depending on location. The centre of MK is called Witan Gate/Saxon Street because it was there that the Anglo-Saxons met from the surrounding area.

The area was heavily involved in supporting both sides in the English Civil Wars of the 1640s/50s, with a small battle taking place in Stony Stratford in 1643.

Nearby Cranfield aerodrome was used by the RAF during world war two. I can agree with you about the bland and soulless modern housing estates, but the older parts of the town retain their unique characters to an extent, despite being swallowed up over the years by urban sprawl. For those of you seeking decent watering holes on the day (or over the weekend) I attach the following link:-
http://www.mkcamra.org.uk/cms/

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is a £1.50 per ticket booking fee for telephone and in-person sales, while an additional charge of £1 per ticket applies to online purchases.

So, while £13.50/£13 is still good, why do booking agencies make this rip off excess charge? Why is it a £1.50 for telephone and in person and why is it £1 online? Do retailers do this? Nope. Unless they are sending out the tickets (I have no idea what the price of a stamp is) then surely if purchasers can print it off then there should be no charge. And why are you charged £1.50 just for the pleasure of making your way to the ticket office to pay and pick it up? Rip off excess charges. Small as the charges are they niggle me and they should not be advertised at £12.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If we can get rid of all of these in good time MK will give us as many seats as we want, considering they have about 18k empty seats per game on average. May be asking a bit much there though especially with the travel issues on the day.

I'm in regardless even though it is one of the shittier away days. Hopefully we can bring the noise and make it like a home game for the boys (the home fans will give us a blank canvas for this).

Bletchley is its arse end

Having lived in and around MK and worked in Bletchley for a while, I can vouch for this. MK is a somewhat soulless and generally bizarre place; Bletchley is just vile. There are some lovely towns and villages nearby, however.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So, while £13.50/£13 is still good, why do booking agencies make this rip off excess charge? Why is it a £1.50 for telephone and in person and why is it £1 online? Do retailers do this? Nope. Unless they are sending out the tickets (I have no idea what the price of a stamp is) then surely if purchasers can print it off then there should be no charge. And why are you charged £1.50 just for the pleasure of making your way to the ticket office to pay and pick it up? Rip off excess charges. Small as the charges are they niggle me and they should not be advertised at £12.

To be fair £1.50 or £1 is nothing compared to £20 or £30 through ticketmaster.

Thing with away tickets is the club actually run at a loss selling the tickets on behalf of another club without the fee, you have the staff costs, P&P, creditcard fees, the costs of the online ticket office software/hosting etc.

Home tickets of course is another matter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The number of people who's principles can be bought for a £10 saving is interesting.

Here's my take on it:

To run the stadium on a match day - police, stewards, fuel, services, etc, etc will cost a quantifiable sum of money. I've no idea of the actual figure, but let's call it £5 per head.

If I pay Winkleman £25 for a ticket, I'm paying £20 towards the income of his vile abomination of a football club.
If I pay £26 for my family of four, and steadfastly refuse to spend a single penny in the ground, then I'm contributing next to nothing, and hopefully get to watch his team get the thrashing they so richly deserve.

If someone else refuses to ever go there, regardless of the cost or circumstance, then good for them.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
tickets go onsale today but their is no option to select MK dons tickets.
I have clicked on the away ticket section but no option for the tickets at the moment just has the Cardiff, Bristol and preston north end away. will it appear at 9am?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here