Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6,000 Sunderland Tickets Sold In The First few Hours Today !

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
From the official website and apologies if fixtures but so much for all the doomsters who have been posting endlessly about the pricing being too high. No matter what team Sunderland put out, this crowd will be higher than Gillingham.

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
From the official website and apologies if fixtures but so much for all the doomsters who have been posting endlessly about the pricing being too high. No matter what team Sunderland put out, this crowd will be higher than Gillingham.

"The crowd will be bigger then Gillingham" I'm not convinced, but hope I'm proved wrong.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Apologies if this has been posted before:

Sunderland Ticket Update
Posted on: Mon 15 Aug 2011

By Paul Camillin

After huge demand for the Carling Cup tie with Sunderland, fans wishing to purchase tickets for the match next Tuesday can do so via a special overflow telephone line set up to cope with demand - although the club is asking fans to use the online booking facility wherever possible.

Season ticket holders have until 5pm on Wednesday to secure their seat and can do so online, in person at the Amex or Queens Road, or by calling 0844 2492011 from 9am tomorrow morning.

Over 6000 supporters snapped up their seats in the first few hours of the tickets going on sale this morning, and fans are strongly advised to purchase online wherever possible, using the guide below, but telephone bookings and personal calls can also be made between 9am and 5pm.

The special line will stay open until 5pm on Tuesday 22nd August, subject to ticket availability.

NB: Supporters with general queries or wishing to purchase tickets for other matches should continue to use the regular ticketline number.

Buying Online

The easiest and quickest way to purchase is online, season ticket holders should do this by logging on and using the ADD MY RESERVED SEATS function.

Simply click the ADD MY RESERVED SEATS tab at the top. This will display your reserved season ticket seat along with anyone else you have in your friends and family list who is eligible.

If you want to adjust the number of people in your party, click the REMOVE tab for each person you don't want to buy for and then press UPDATE BASKET.

Then go to the checkout and pay. Once paid you will receive an email confirmation if you have a valid current email with us. To check your email address please go to the UPDATE DETAILS section.

Once the sale has been processed your ticket will be automatically uploaded on to your season-ticket smartcard.

Further Details

Please note that anyone who buys a ticket who is not a season ticket holder will be sent a paper ticket for this game, and season ticket holders who do not purchase their own seat for this game will also be sent a paper ticket.

Our last posting day for this fixture will be on Friday the 19th August, any tickets purchased after 3pm on Friday will be held for collection at the Amex, although supporters are encouraged to purchase before Friday 19th or to collect their tickets prior to matchday if possible.

Travel

Season ticket holders who have purchased the season pack of travel vouchers or car parking season ticket should use CUP VOUCHER 2.

Supporters who wish to purchase individual travel vouchers for this game (priced £1.50) can do so from seagullsdirect.co.uk, via the ticketline on 0845 496 1901 or via customer services 0845 873 0251.

Vouchers must be purchased before 3pm on Friday 19th August to allow time to post them out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is that really so good? If only 6000 of the 16,000(?) season ticket holders have bought tickets. It means 10,000 people have chosen not to buy one (yet). Having said that, the ones I bought for myself and three friends were bought after work, so perhaps another huge chunk, but still, when I tried to buy online this morning there was no delay getting online (the only problem was with no tickets showing up after clicking 'add my reserved seats'), when I went into the queen's street shop after work there was no queue. One guy was already being served. It doesn't feel like there is the rush for the tickets the headline is trying to present.

Though, that could be as much to do with a combination of fans knowing they have several days to get their season ticket seats and don't have to rush as the seat won't be sold and season ticket holders waiting for general release to try other areas as much as it is about people being unhappy with the price.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think with us having a fantastic stadium to play in (they can't moan about that)
Winning our first 3 games of the season (can't moan about that)
Buying quality players pre season (can't moan about that)

Charging full price for a game against premier league opposition (can't moan about that) oooooops yes they can.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have been trying to buy a ticket online (and am a season ticket holder) for the past two hours. No can do.

Moan, moan, moan.

Sort it out!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been trying to buy a ticket online (and am a season ticket holder) for the past two hours. No can do.

Moan, moan, moan.

Sort it out!

I have been trying since getting home from Fratton on Saturday evening. It says password is incorrect but how can you make a mistake with your postcode so pressed forgot password and got a message on Sunday morning saying an e mail has been sent giving your password. As I write this email hasn't arrived.

Son has got on line but under his basket for tickets it says tickets pending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here