Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 worst players of the Amex era

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was thinking of suggesting a "Worst Starting 11" but it would be top heavy with all the attacking dross that the Amex years accumulated.
It would, rather sadly, have to include Brez though. He filled me with fear. Lovely bloke though.

I'd suggest that the 10 WORST players of the current era have ALL been attacking midfielders or forwards:

1. Leon Best
2. Ryan Harley
3. Kemy Agustein
4. Steven Dobbie
5. Barn Door Payntor
6. Leroy Lita
7.Jon Obika
8. Sam Vokes
9. Gary Gardner
10. Shamir Fenelon

I think that's just because most short-term loanees tend to turn out sh1t, and most of those loans are for forward players.

Short-term loanees at the back have been fairly scarce - Gonzales, Steve Harper, Jara Reyes, Halford...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Does DAN HARDING count?

I mean, he did play for Brighton (once). And he did look like he'd never played football in his life for every single moment he was on the Amex pitch...

(all 45 minutes of it)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Darren Bent was a flop considering his decent career.

Was he?, again made only four appearances so impossible to judge. He did score a couple of goals in that time though.

Quite honestly, if a striker manages to score at a ration of one in every other game, he can sit on his arse for the rest of the game for all l care lol.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know he must have 'played' other times, but the only time I can recall, was a third round FA Cup win over Reading. He actually played OKAY.
Kemy probably (who can actually be 100% sure) had exactly the right skill set the team was crying out for, for the entire duration of his contract.

He wasn't needed beforehand, and certainly not now, but we should be putting him in the 5 best thread.

What a complete waste of time, space, money, twitter, bad hats and doughnuts, such a f**ktard.
He could have had the keys to Sussex, although he probably would have eaten them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Quite honestly, if a striker manages to score at a ration of one in every other game, he can sit on his arse for the rest of the game for all l care lol.

Ain't that the truth.....

And that is exactly what he actually did against Reading when we went 2-0 down he flopped on the floor after an innocuous challenge waved his arm aloft asking to be taken off never to be seen again in the blue & white stripes. He did not want to be here then and I knew we would never see him again, he actually went down in my estimation for that.... thank god we pulled our fingers out and went on to draw 2-2, we actually played better without him after he strolled off.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Barnes
Stockdale
Dunk
JFC
Greer

Judging from the slaggings off people have given on here in the past.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Including Sham is a bit harsh, I assume people must have forgotten George Barker as well then. Both young youth players who were given a chance, not players who were stealing a living.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

And that is exactly what he actually did against Reading when we went 2-0 down he flopped on the floor after an innocuous challenge waved his arm aloft asking to be taken off never to be seen again in the blue & white stripes. He did not want to be here then and I knew we would never see him again, he actually went down in my estimation for that.... thank god we pulled our fingers out and went on to draw 2-2, we actually played better without him after he strolled off.

I remember that well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think it was myself who listed them on the Gardner thread but........

Obika
Best
Paynter
Gardner
Harley

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1.Harley.
2.Obika.
3.Paynter.
4.David Rodriguez.
5.Best.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Obika and Best. Obika I feel a bit bad for as I'm sure he's a nice bloke and he did sort of try a bit. Best was just a horrible creature all round.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Aside from Best and Paynter, nobody springs to mind as being consistently awful. And frankly, even though his tenure was brief, Best was in a class of his own. And he was derided before he had even trotted out for his first game for us . . . .

If the last game but one had been his only performance for the Albion, Dunk would warrant a mention, but obviously . . . .

If 'disappointing' is the threshold for inclusion, I'm surprised that O'Grady hasn't been mentioned yet, bless him.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom

I particularly enjoyed his successful efforts in galvanising the Fulham fans and players to win at the Amex after he had put us a goal up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here