Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 worst players of the Amex era

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Although he wouldn't make my top (bottom) five, it would be an injustice not to see the name Maksimenko make this thread.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Best was the worst by a country mile.

then Paynter.

Goodwin, Adgestein, Barker, Nzuzi, all get the benefit of the doubt due to age or lack of chance given.

Kemy and Harley hold too dear a place in my heart to be included in this.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He made but one appearance, not a great deal that one can tell from that.

All I'm saying is, that unless you see players perform for a good few games, it's very difficult to make a true assessment of them.

That he made only one appearance and was then sent out to Yeovil (for whom he made four appearances) and Kilmarnock says rather a lot.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Was thinking of suggesting a "Worst Starting 11" but it would be top heavy with all the attacking dross that the Amex years accumulated.
It would, rather sadly, have to include Brez though. He filled me with fear. Lovely bloke though.

I'd suggest that the 10 WORST players of the current era have ALL been attacking midfielders or forwards:

1. Leon Best
2. Ryan Harley
3. Kemy Agustein
4. Steven Dobbie
5. Barn Door Payntor
6. Leroy Lita
7.Jon Obika
8. Sam Vokes
9. Gary Gardner
10. Shamir Fenelon

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
1. Best
2. Barn Door Billy
3. Fenelon
4. Harley
5. Gary Gardner

There have been others just as shit. Lita and Obika for two and Marcos Painter never looked up to Championship standard. However those are the five players who either drove me completely bonkers with frustration or, in the case of Fenelon. just weren't up to it at all.

Yoda

English & European
I don't think I have any recollection of this Gonzales fella :facepalm:

Rodrigues wasn't great, but I wouldn't have him in my list. He was quick at least...! And scored at Blackburn I think!? God my memory is bad...

He went on to play against us for Barnsley where he conceded 5 (including Wayne Bridge's pea roller from 35 yards out).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Surely Ashley Barnes?

I mean only the WORST player would have his own fans BOOING him as he stepped up to take a penalty for their club......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here