Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 worst players of the Amex era

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Best,Obika, Paynter, Agustien & Dobbie. closely followed by one of the Man City loan players from 2011/12

DavePage

There’s been a few that haven’t wanted to play for their teams mates, fans or the Club in general, seemingly only standing on the pitch for a pay day (shame on you, you know who you are).
But the worst is Seagull Player, letting fans down all to often. Hey, some of us are on the other side of the world, you are our only connection (or not as the case may be).
Even now, i’m at work listening to Player and I hear a cheer from the OneFootball app….yes , high fives….no, Player eventually gets there and it’s the opposition scoring.
Player is such a bittersweet experience.
and to think that there are (fans) living within 10 miles of the Stadium but choosing to listen to Player..I despair…I remember the days as a kid with absolutely no money walking down to the Goldstone, just to listen outside until the exit gates opened and I could slip into the North Stand.
hey, ho. Why go when you could stay at home and still whine about something you haven’t even seen… just saying. Good luck getting tickets at the end of this season and next year, hopefully.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There’s been a few that haven’t wanted to play for their teams mates, fans or the Club in general, seemingly only standing on the pitch for a pay day (shame on you, you know who you are).
But the worst is Seagull Player, letting fans down all to often. Hey, some of us are on the other side of the world, you are our only connection (or not as the case may be).
Even now, i’m at work listening to Player and I hear a cheer from the OneFootball app….yes , high fives….no, Player eventually gets there and it’s the opposition scoring.
Player is such a bittersweet experience.
and to think that there are (fans) living within 10 miles of the Stadium but choosing to listen to Player..I despair…I remember the days as a kid with absolutely no money walking down to the Goldstone, just to listen outside until the exit gates opened and I could slip into the North Stand.
hey, ho. Why go when you could stay at home and still whine about something you haven’t even seen… just saying. Good luck getting tickets at the end of this season and next year, hopefully.

I so hope Insider reads this but although I acknowledge efforts have been made I've long since lost hope of an effective response

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If 'disappointing' is the threshold for inclusion, I'm surprised that O'Grady hasn't been mentioned yet, bless him.

O'Grady comes back in the summer to make a claim.

Although Nigel Clough at Burton Albion rates him, so perhaps they'll take him off our hands.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I would say Paynter by a mile. Looked incapable of basic footballing tasks like controlling a football.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
What a shame our great strike pair Turienzo and McCammon never made it past Withdean. Those two would have walked this competition by a country mile.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What a shame our great strike pair Turienzo and McCammon never made it past Withdean. Those two would have walked this competition by a country mile.

Take aside Forster, Knight, Zamora and Murray, The Withdean era must have had the worst strikers in the history of football. The worst of the Amex strikers would still out do any of the Withdean lot.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
1 Chicksen
2 Best
3 Halford
4 Obika
5 Harley

I don't see how you can include Chicksen in that list. Obviously has not shown the potential that someone on the scouting side thought he had, but in my opinion he has never had a really bad game for us, just not quite up to the level we need.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Leon Best
Jon Obika
Leroy Lita
Shamir Fenelon
Paddy McCourt

Paddy McCourt - are you joking? Some of his runs were Vincente-esque. No end product, obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here