Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 live coverage

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
What's everyone's view of the 5 live commentary tonight? Personally think it's been pretty good. Good analysis and have unpicked our game plan well. Whatever you think of SC he does know his Football League.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's good. Less nerve-wracking than BBC Sussex as it's more balanced. Nice to be able to believe them when they say we fully deserve it. Not a criticism of Johnny Cantor, who's excellent - he's naturally more likely to get caught up in the atmosphere

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Steve Claridge is an utter tool. Said that the ref knew the good guys from the bad and that's why whitingham got a yellow and not a red. Complete prick.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Steve Claridge is quality for me, he really does understand football outside of the premiership, and can still read the game well!

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Steve Claridge has Schizophrenia, one minute CMS is brilliant the next he's not sure about him. TOOL.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
David Pleat just said we would not be able to compete in the Premiership (if we got there) as 20,000 fans isn't enough. What an idiot.

Clearly has no idea that we have a HUGE catchment area.

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
You sounded very impressive and assured on the ball going by the coverage.

Well done on your start to the season!

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
David Pleat just said we would not be able to compete in the Premiership (if we got there) as 20,000 fans isn't enough. What an idiot.

Not an idiot.... its a fair comment . I think David Pleat has been around long enough in football to know that 20,000 isnt enough to survive in the PL. AND Tony Bloom knows that as well....which is why we are going up to 30,000 next season !

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Not an idiot.... its a fair comment . I think David Pleat has been around long enough in football to know that 20,000 isnt enough to survive in the PL. AND Tony Bloom knows that as well....which is why we are going up to 30,000 next season !

He suggested that we do not have the potential to compete though, as he said seaside towns do not have enough 'chimney pots'. Hence, he has no idea about our catchment area.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
he really is a prize prick. "you won't succeed in the prem if there is water on one side of the town"

Ridiculous comment by Pleat. Sussex has a population of 1.5 million. What difference does it make that Brighton is by the sea?

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
He suggested that we do not have the potential to compete though, as he said seaside towns do not have enough 'chimney pots'. Hence, he has no idea about our catchment area.

And your right there.... our catchment area is massive. And if we are in the Championship next season, we will sell out 30,000 ! I still think he's right in saying that its very hard to compete in the EPL with 20,000 approx capacity. Look at the clubs that have been relegated from the EPL in the last ten years with small capacity !

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Radio 5 coverage was very 'balanced' and well researched. The commentaries paid a lot of respect to how Gus wants to play Football and that came across on the radio tonight.
I was impressed that Nigel Adderley knew all the players correct names (apart from Vincelot a few times) and knew the backgrounds of their careers as well.

I really don't understand what people's problem with Steve Claridge is? Anybody would think he did a Glenn Murray to us. Like others have said on this thread allready, Claridge knows his lower league Football and speaks his mind. I actually enjoy listening to someone talking honestly, yeah sometimes you don't want to hear Claridge saying complimentary things about the opposition, but he's only speaking his mind and opinion.
All in all Radio Five did a good game on tonights live game...obviously the result happened matters!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I always thought David Pleat talked a lot of sense, but he's simply destroyed Brighton, so disrespectful. It took the biscuit when he said "If Gus gets another promotion with that success he's likely to progress to a big club". What a rug wearing tosser.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
I always thought David Pleat talked a lot of sense, but he's simply destroyed Brighton, so disrespectful. It took the biscuit when he said "If Gus gets another promotion with that success he's likely to progress to a big club". What a rug wearing tosser.

Havnt we all said this ? The more successful Gus is, the more chance that a huge club is going to come calling. Its just a natural reaction from football pundits as well . This is nothing new..i dont think Pleat has 'destroyed Brighton' at all. Just a realistic opinion. ..and most of us know it. Lets just enjoy this amazing start to the season , and know that one day, Gus wont be here !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here