Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 games left for Kazenga to save his BHA career

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Bit of a miserable thread. Kaz has been a great servant to the club and if all his good bits are edited together he looks world class.

I seem to remember that we got Murphy in as cover for Kaz and March, they got injured and we were forced to get Skalak and Knockeart, even then Murphy was carrying an injury at the end of last season. All it would take is an injury or two for him to get time on the pitch again and for him to take his chance. He is still only 25 and it's down to him to be fit, ready and stronger when the opportunity arises.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think people have very short memories.
He started last season on fire then got a nasty injury at Bolton I think.
Has never really recovered from it.
How many people who are dismissing Lua Lua today were also doing the same when Dunk got himself sent off at QPR this time last season,I know I was.Cost us 2 points & we all know how valuable they could have been last season.
Now look at him probably the best centre half in the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I think people have very short memories.
He started last season on fire then got a nasty injury at Bolton I think.
Has never really recovered from it.
How many people who are dismissing Lua Lua today were also doing the same when Dunk got himself sent off at QPR this time last season,I know I was.Cost us 2 points & we all know how valuable they could have been last season.
Now look at him probably the best centre half in the championship.

Dunk still don't learn with his Saturday antics of punching the ball back to the crowd!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Always seems incredible the first 5 games of any season and then disappears. I think he's the Angkergran of outfield players............ happy with him sitting there as 5th choice winger on low wages but equally happy to move him on for nominal money or at end of a contract.

For the record though I think Solly might be tried in the Baldock role and would have liked to see him trained up there regularly if not injured. I wonder if each of Solly, Knocky and Murphy could do that job and you could get all 3 of them with slightly different strengths rotating between the 3 positions during a match. Offense gets to dictact the positions and so you could target certain opposition players at LB, RB and centrally with them. Got a slow opponent or a short one or someone on a yellow and prone to diving in? Someone weak to players going one side of him on tape? etc.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Always seems incredible the first 5 games of any season and then disappears.

In the last 2 seasons he's been injured or out of favour - this is true.
Yet in 2014/15 he played 34 championship games, and started most of them, and in 13/14 ; another 32.

For someone who's always injured or disappeared he's played a lot of football for the Albion.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I love Kaz. How many times over the last few years have we been drawing/losing after 70 mins and seen whichever manager it was bring him on knowing he was our main hope?

And how many times did he oblige? I remember one crucial goal he got virtually single handed against Leicester which got us a 2-2 draw.

Whatever you think of his attitude and injury record he was always a player who made you sit up when he had the ball. I, for one, would be very sorry to see him go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I love Kaz. How many times over the last few years have we been drawing/losing after 70 mins and seen whichever manager it was bring him on knowing he was our main hope?

And how many times did he oblige? I remember one crucial goal he got virtually single handed against Leicester which got us a 2-2 draw.

Whatever you think of his attitude and injury record he was always a player who made you sit up when he had the ball. I, for one, would be very sorry to see him go.

I agree, he is the one player I really think can do something out of absolutely nothing. Bringing in him on in the last 20 against Cardiff for example to run at the fullbacks could have been fruitful.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

I agree with the sentiment but we cannot afford to have such a unreliable player on our books. He has given us some great memories and could still probably do a great job as a impact sub in the last 20 minutes, but given his injury record recently it's time to move on. He also probably wants to play more regular football which we simply can't offer him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
5 wingers, 3 strikers + Elvis

needs to be replaced by

4 wingers, 4 strikers + 1 striker/winger ( eg Lookman ).

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Regularly injured after an early season burst, definitely not as quick, very predictable and referees aware of his diving. I'm not sure that he was ever a thinking player and can remember him rolling on the ground infront of us, not injured with five minutes to go when we were 0-1 down. Time has moved on and KLL has moved backwards. Very entertaining at times and could sometimes pull out a surprise, but his reading of the game is not great. I wish him the best, but the club has outgrown him and the manager has worked him out.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He needn't worry, I doubt Chris Hughton will let him anywhere near the first team for the foreseeable future. He must have been absolutely livid with him.

Why? do you know what the Womble fans were saying to him that caused the reaction? It was a lino call and we know their decision making isn't the best. The ban doesn't effect league games so I wouldn't have thought CH would be overly concerned.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Regularly injured after an early season burst, definitely not as quick, very predictable and referees aware of his diving. I'm not sure that he was ever a thinking player and can remember him rolling on the ground infront of us, not injured with five minutes to go when we were 0-1 down. Time has moved on and KLL has moved backwards. Very entertaining at times and could sometimes pull out a surprise, but his reading of the game is not great. I wish him the best, but the club has outgrown him and the manager has worked him out.

First few words hit the nail on the head. Remainder is absolute rubbish.

How were you aware that he wasn't injured when rolling on the ground. Pretty impressive stuff that.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The FA website is reporting his offence as "offensive language" with a two-game ban, so he'll be back in time to score the winning goal in the semi-final.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Absolutely nailed it, word perfect.

Like every player on the planet, on his day he can do something, but more often than not he sends a text to everyone on the pitch and in the stands before doing something, and has a little cry if something doesn't go his way. He's a very simple player who hasn't progressed from when he first joined the club 7 years ago. Everything about the club is above him now, but he'll definitely find a club in League 1 willing to take him on and he'll be much the same. He'll score the occasional winner, or the odd fizzing cross, but then there will be the injured months and the games where he just isn't involved.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Completely agree. Although he hasn't made many appearances recently, it seems that most full backs have worked him out and can anticipate his actions, making him much less effective than he used to be. On his day, he's a good player. But those days are very few and far between. The rest of the time he is barely average, and that just doesn't cut it when you're battling for promotion. It's time he moved on. Hopefully for him, he'll find regular first team football somewhere and get back to his best. But he's never be a first team regular in our squad, as we have better options.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
If that free kick against Bournemouth at the Withdean hadn't smashed the back of the net that ball would still be travelling. I was in awe of him when he first joined but I think his time is up now.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Dunk should have known better, The moment you lose your cool and do something stupid like that, you give the referee a choice to make. Some will let it go, some won't, we all know how inconsistent referees can be.
Yes he should, but I find it very hard to blame him. That pillock who just sat there holding on to the ball should have been chucked out by the stewards.

Another strange thing at Cardiff - they had no ball-boys/girls and no multi-ball system. It's almost as if they're setup to play for timewasting from the kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here