Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 games left for Kazenga to save his BHA career

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Skalak - some fine assists but doesn't seem to have much else in his locker (yes I know he scored 2 crackers last season but his goals to games ratio isn't great)

Yeah I agree - get rid. I mean the fact he's created more goals than anyone else in our team is irrelevant. So what if he's got the joint third highest number of assists in the league and is a fully fledged Czech international, he doesn't score enough on his own. :dunce:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why do certain posters advocate selling, or in their terms 'getting rid', of members of our first team squad anyway? Loan deals for one or two out of favour players is another matter, but selling them? bizarre.

We aren't even half way through what we all hope will be a promotion season. We will need nearly all of them at some stage before the season is out.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd take a decent offer for Kaz but see no value in a loan at this point unless it is to free some wages up elsewhere. He can win games when fit although he can disappear just as easily. But should we need him he knows the club and knows the system, if we bring someone in they could take time to come up to speed. Be interesting to see him through the middle would certainly offer something different from the others...

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
If he gets the ball in space, he can run with it and get a cross in. Trouble is, he's never been very accurate in this department. If he had, he'd have been playing in the Premiership years ago.

I say thanks KLL, but time to move on.

theboybilly

I think Kaz will stay until May. If Solly doesn't stay fit or someone else breaks down we could be struggling a bit. I don't think we are in the hunt for another winger in the January transfer window. There is no reason to loan him out at all in my opinion.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Yeah I agree - get rid. I mean the fact he's created more goals than anyone else in our team is irrelevant. So what if he's got the joint third highest number of assists in the league and is a fully fledged Czech international, he doesn't score enough on his own. :dunce:

I didn't say get rid and I acknowledged his fine assists. I would however like to see more from him, mainly in goals (think he's behind the other four wingers mentioned in terms of goal scoring). The Czech international thing doesn't mean a great deal in the scheme of things.

I don't think many would dispute that if Kaz replicated his form before his injury last season, it would put him above Jiri in the pecking order. The thrust of this thread was not about getting rid of anyone; on the contrary it was about giving KLL the opportunity to show that he has something to offer this team

theboybilly

The thrust of this thread was not about getting rid of anyone; on the contrary it was about giving KLL the opportunity to show that he has something to offer this team

Why do we need that opportunity? If the backroom staff don't know what KLL is worth to the squad now they never will. It's if he's fit enough that is all we need to know

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh I think that he has. QPR allegedly wanted him on a season's long loan back in the summer. I think he could do a good job for them from January, if Holloway is interested in him.

I'll rephrase - doesn't quite have the footballing intelligence for a top championship side, such as we are.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The squad balance is wrong.

5 wingers and 3 strikers ( + Elvis ) isn't ideal.

4 wingers and 5 strikers is what we really need.

Replace Elvis of course, but also swap out a winger for a 5th striker, which to me indicates goodbye to Kaz.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He started last season very well indeed. In fact, he was a Championship player of the month. But his injury record is problematic. He now has four quality players to compete with for a starting place; unfortunately he'll take one step forward with some good form and then two steps back with another injury. Maybe it's time to say goodbye to an Amex hero. Very sad if it is but he should be playing 1st team football when fit and I don't think we can give it to him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd hate to see him play against us.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Short memories he was on the form of his life beginning of last season it's a real shame about his injuries as he is a talented player.

Not really.

He had what, a great 6 weeks at the start of last season.
Aside from that spell, he's either been shite or injured over the past 4 years.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think Kaz will stay until May. If Solly doesn't stay fit or someone else breaks down we could be struggling a bit. I don't think we are in the hunt for another winger in the January transfer window. There is no reason to loan him out at all in my opinion.
Rosenior will be back soon as is also a great winger option :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps wrongly, always struck me as a player where fame went to his head and subsequently believed better than was. Great
shame because really likeable and talented. When we got him on loan at Withdean nobody in the third tier could touch him. The most exciting player we'd had since BZ. No question. Player you'd singularly come to watch.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His chance will come. Someone will get injured. Agree he's been a bit inconsistent and not convinced on the 'together' thing either BUT there's still something about him. He is a player who can come off the bench and completely change things. There was a season at Withers when he was worth the entrance fee alone and most of us couldn't believe he wasn't given a chance at Newcastle. I'm not ready to let go just yet. Not just yet...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here