• Training today has been brilliant, we got four shots on target

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Football League to deduct 20 points each from clubs failing FFP

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Dale Stephens back in training

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Special offer on Seagulls TV if you sign up before 6th December

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Renew your season ticket before 31st December to benefit from only a 5% increase

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • New sponsorship deal: Player of the Year to be awarded Redifusion 14" colour TV again

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
To be fair, the club were obviously the ones who informed Naylor there was 'good news' coming up at 4pm. They knew exactly what they was doing.

I would imagine the club told Andy Naylor exactly what they were going to announce at 4pm, on the understanding that he couldn't announce it until 4?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
J
Don't be daft. That's not how it works. The club will have provided this info in a press release, with a 4pm embargo (for whatever reason). They have no influence on Naylor's decision to pre-hype his 'story'. He could have just said NOTHING at all, until he filed his piece.

Club have done nothing remotely wrong, in this instance.

Unfortunately anything remotely connected with the clubs communications seems to get jumped on ..any old excuse will do currently

Anteater_are-you-not-entertained-e1313173375543.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be fair, the club were obviously the ones who informed Naylor there was 'good news' coming up at 4pm. They knew exactly what they was doing.

Not at all. Others with the same advanced notice news were more responsible and respectful of the audience.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
now what would be(good) news is if Greer and Bruno were taking over the running of the team

but thats not going to happen either

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Really?

You sure he didnt know before and he spun/said 'Good'. Its called an embargo, lets not bash the club for absolutely no reason.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What PR? The club never said there was good news coming at 4...

Ok lets blame Andy Naylor. Is anybody really interested that we have achieved the FFP figures? When, with good accountants, others who have spent much more and have improved their squad have done exactly the same,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok lets blame Andy Naylor. Is anybody really interested that we have achieved the FFP figures? When, with good accountants, others who have spent much more and have improved their squad have done exactly the same,

Bozza is right, you have to be a parody account.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bozza is right, you have to be a parody account.

It is my view I really do not care whether we hit FFP or manipulate the figures as most other clubs will do to achieve the same result. I am more interested in what happens on the pitch. In your case if the club said it was 8ft deep of snow at The Amex you would agree without even checking, but then it takes all types to make a world.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Hang on, I thought you were responding to the news about Greer & Bruno - the 4pm announcement that this thread is about.

Now I'm really confused...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am actually pleased that Bruno has signed a contract. I like him. It does not always come off and his defending is a bit suspect at times, but he is flair. I think it is good news.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hang on, I thought you were responding to the news about Greet & Bruno - the 4pm announcement that this thread is about.

Now I'm really confused...

Sorry I may have mixed it up I thought it was that we had achieved FFP which is what I am not concerned about but I will say it is good news that both Greer and Bruno have been given extended contracts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here