Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

40 years ago

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It followed our embarrassing exit to Walton the year before. We were just beginning to get a side together and I think people (Certainly was) were hoping to banish that Walton game by thrashing this bunch, hence 20k turned up, bigger than average.

Albion were woeful.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
My first football match.

After that my Dad took us down Pompey - didn't go back to the Goldstone for 2 years.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No.

Only thing I remember about 76 is a boiling hot summer, and being threatened with bath sharing :eek:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
it didn't matter though because we were concentrating on the league

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
it didn't matter though because we were concentrating on the league

The cup still mattered back then. In fact I remember back in 83 being gutted that Newcastle had gotten a draw at the Goldstone. I was convinced we were going to be beaten up there.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The cup still mattered back then. In fact I remember back in 83 being gutted that Newcastle had gotten a draw at the Goldstone. I was convinced we were going to be beaten up there.

losing at home to Soton in 85 or 86 in the 6th round bloody hurt too,was convinced we were gonna win that day

two 6th round matches both at home in the space of 2 or 3 seasons,those were the days

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It followed our embarrassing exit to Walton the year before. We were just beginning to get a side together and I think people (Certainly was) were hoping to banish that Walton game by thrashing this bunch, hence 20k turned up, bigger than average.

Albion were woeful.
was the Walton home game played in the afternoon due to the three day week.?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was there and remember getting large amounts of p*** taken out of me at school on the Monday as it had been on the telly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here