Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 40 years ago today 11/12/82

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was at Oxford. I went to a few Worthing games in the Barry Lloyd era and I watched every round of the Cup that year, including a few of the qualifying rounds. Followed Worthing until the 2nd Round, and then Brighton to the Final.

I remember there was a group of Oxford fans in the terrace to our left chanting "Brighton! Brighton!", obviously thinking they were Worthing's rivals, and not understanding when we cheered and clapped them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Jam.jpg

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Jimmy Melia’s first game in caretaker charge against Norwich at The Goldstone.

Oxford United 4 Worthing 0, 2nd Round of the FA Cup.

Last ever Jam gig at the Brighton Centre.

I headed up to the Shires on the Clifton Coach for Worthing’s gallant stab at making the 3rd Round, turned down for a cast iron penalty just before the hour at 0-0, before running out of steam against a strong team destined to reach the top flight and win the League Cup inside 4 years.

Anyone on here do one or both of the other 2?
Travelled up in a King of the Road coach. Those were the days. Good turn out by Worthing’s finest. Kicked off outside afterwards.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Jimmy Melia’s first game in caretaker charge against Norwich at The Goldstone.

Oxford United 4 Worthing 0, 2nd Round of the FA Cup.

Last ever Jam gig at the Brighton Centre.

I headed up to the Shires on the Clifton Coach for Worthing’s gallant stab at making the 3rd Round, turned down for a cast iron penalty just before the hour at 0-0, before running out of steam against a strong team destined to reach the top flight and win the League Cup inside 4 years.

Anyone on here do one or both of the other 2?
Remember a well known Worthing legend with a knowles bakery hat on inscribed with ‘Worthing Axemen’. Did you don the hat as well Ian?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Remember a well known Worthing legend with a knowles bakery hat on inscribed with ‘Worthing Axemen’. Did you don the hat as well Ian?
I recall the hats, as I was on that very coach.

The late, great, 'Fat' Larry Hebert, had a slogan on his hat which would certainly be deemed politically incorrect these days.

Different times, as Alan Partridge would say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here