Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 40 years ago today 11/12/82

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Jimmy Melia’s first game in caretaker charge against Norwich at The Goldstone.

Oxford United 4 Worthing 0, 2nd Round of the FA Cup.

Last ever Jam gig at the Brighton Centre.

I headed up to the Shires on the Clifton Coach for Worthing’s gallant stab at making the 3rd Round, turned down for a cast iron penalty just before the hour at 0-0, before running out of steam against a strong team destined to reach the top flight and win the League Cup inside 4 years.

Anyone on here do one or both of the other 2?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember the 3-0 win over Norwich City. A bright new dawn...

I've blocked out The Jam's final gig. Too painful to think of.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oxford away ? I’m no grass so can’t talk about it Ian, but you and Neil were very brave being on that coach that day.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I was at Oxford v Worthing, don’t remember much except the score, I think the Oxford fans were quite hostile IIRC they were on the pitch at the end, probably all mouth though as the fences in them days were quite high.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Went to jam gig at age of 13.just remember weller having right hump with crowd as there was some fighting. Sad nite though and great at the same time.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Twats 1 3 Shots FA Cup 2nd round . Dad's cousins wedding day [it didn't last] . Wasn't allowed to attend . Les Briley scored that day for Aldershot .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Went to jam gig at age of 13.just remember weller having right hump with crowd as there was some fighting. Sad nite though and great at the same time.
There were always nobs at Jam gigs. "Punky Steve" at the Embassy. Tattoos down his legs. Odd chap.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Cant remember what year it was, but was at Bournemouth FA Cup game when Worthing scored straight from a corner without anyone touching it to go 1-0 up.
2nd half a tiring Worthing lost 4-1 I think.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jimmy Melia’s first game in caretaker charge against Norwich at The Goldstone.

Oxford United 4 Worthing 0, 2nd Round of the FA Cup.

Last ever Jam gig at the Brighton Centre.

I headed up to the Shires on the Clifton Coach for Worthing’s gallant stab at making the 3rd Round, turned down for a cast iron penalty just before the hour at 0-0, before running out of steam against a strong team destined to reach the top flight and win the League Cup inside 4 years.

Anyone on here do one or both of the other 2?
No, I was at the Renee & Renato gig

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Cant remember what year it was, but was at Bournemouth FA Cup game when Worthing scored straight from a corner without anyone touching it to go 1-0 up.
2nd half a tiring Worthing lost 4-1 I think.
1994. Spencer Mintram opened the scoring for the Rebels, Gary Chivers skippered Bournemouth and they eventually won 3-1 on the same day Kingstonian knocked out Albion 2-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here